Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

WANTED: Riello Pro, for job in MA.

Options
Ted_9
Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
Its been well over a week and I cannot get a professional, reliable, prompt and over all good contact or conversation from an oil service company that is expirienced with Riello burners. Particularly the BF3 on a Buderus G115/28. I am extremely dissapointed with the lack of professionalism, even to a fellow contractor.

If you are in the Southern Massachusetts area, and can say that you are professional, prompt, will call a person back, experienced, will do a combustion test, have the right vacuum gauges for a Riello, can set up a BF3, can get it started etc, etc.

Please call me at 508-991-3298.

PATRIOT HEATING & COOLING, INC.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=343&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Options
    What

What would you pay for mileage from Michigan? (grin)

There's got to be someone out there who can lend you a hand.
  • S Davis
    S Davis Member Posts: 491
    Options
    WA

I suppose washington state would be to far to commute from:-)

S Davis

Apex Radiant Heating
  • Ted_9
    Options

You know, it would have been worth it to pay for you guys to fly over.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Try....

calling Buderus tech services Mon AM and getting someone from the A list??

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    Riello has to have some trained people in your area....

not to be to harsh buh they should be able to lash one up in thier sleep.:)
  • Ted_9
    Options

Buderus and Riello do not provide any list. I asked and got minimal info.

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Ted

IS this for your Customer ?

Do you need technical advice or are do oyu have a customer who is out of your area ?

Scott

• Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    Options
    The essential problem is

that in New England the dominant oilheat service guy is still the oil company. If they won't buy oil from them, well...........he's on his own. In other parts of the country and region there are service contactors and plumbers that will do the work, but SE MA and the Cape is 'no man's land'. You can't blame the OEM's for this problem, there's more here than meets the eye, JMO.
  • Ted_9
    Options

He's a new customer in a brand new house and he needs a service/oil guy and future oil from a company.

• tom_49
    tom_49 Member Posts: 269
    Options

Ted, Im in Mass. also. We are doing a job now where the builder actually wants a buderus w/ riello. Im in the same boat as you, I cant find a oil guy who'll work on the riello. I might have to put a beckett burner on the g115.

It amazes me that nobody wants to work ( or probably doesnt know how ) to work on the reillo. Kinda sad that these so called "pros" dont work on this equpiment. Makes you almost want to get an oil licence.
  • Robert O'Connor_6
    Robert O'Connor_6 Member Posts: 299
    Options

Why would you insist on installing something that no one wants to work on?

I work on Carlin Riello and Beckett . On Buderus I install Carlin it's my preference but I work on Riello also.

I would go with whatever the locl tech's want to work on.

After all they are the ones that go out at midnight do you??

With the new controls from Carlin and Honeywell there is very little electrical consumption difference between the three and 86% combustion efficiency is 86% regardless of whose burner it is.

Regards

Robert

ME
  • tom_49
    tom_49 Member Posts: 269
    Options

Robert, I really am not to familiar w/ the carlin burners. Most boilers and furnaces I see are set up w/ becketts. The reason the builder wanted a riello was the 86% eff. Im not an oilguy so I was not aware that 86% eff. is possible w/ Carlins. Thanks for the help.
  • Ted_9
    Options

Robert, as you may know, I'm not an oil guy, but from what I've heard, and I've asked, the Riello is the better burner for the job.

As you are aware, the Riello is not some strange beast or new fangled contraption. I think these oil guys, that dont know how to service a Riello, should get their heads out of the sand...

I'm not starting trouble, its just I cant believe that no one can work on the 2nd or 3rd most popular burner around.

• Maine Ken
    Maine Ken Member Posts: 531
    Options
  • Firedragon_4
    Options
    Something weird's going on,

because we did a class at Timmie's (Warren, RI) last Spring on the Riello and it was a sell-out. Hope to be doing it again this year.
  • Robert O'Connor_6
    Options
    Oppertunity

I know your just looking for a solution, Ted. As they say oppertunity knocks!!!

• "If you are in the Southern Massachusetts area, and can say that you are professional, prompt, will call a person back, experienced, will do a combustion test, have the right vacuum gauges for a Riello, can set up a BF3, can get it started etc, etc."

Well , there's the rub . I would think any good independent company out there is solidly booked a few weeks in advance - year round . Add in the cold factor and you might not get the professional you're looking for . Are you saying even the oil companies that provide service contracts won't touch this system ?

Can you tell us what happened so far ? You found a lack of professionalism , I'm guessing you did get in contact with a few not-so-professionals ?
  • Ted_9
    Options

Well, I know now what customers are talking about when they cant find a professional. I've noticed this trend in all of the trade. Its the "I'm too busy and important to call you back" attitude. Or the other one I love is the "He'll/I'll call you back later/tomorrow" etc etc.

Fortunatly I had a professional oil tech get it working again, even though he is not a BF3 pro, he is very professional and a pleasure to work with.

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    it would be worth attending the class.

Hey! then you can get a new riello hat! :) think of it as a mini vacation rather than something stealing your time to work.....it really is well worth your time and effort to get to a class...i have been looking for the new riello book and someone told me that they told them that they arent printing any more books its posted on line.......:( that has got to be remedied...i cant find my old book.. with all the boiler and F3 5 10 15 20's...if you locate one i would buy it from you.if you see Firing rate chart on page 43 THATS the one! Grab it !:)
  • Firedragon_4
    Options
    Hey Weezbo, ours

has never been out of print since 1995 and has more in it than the OEM's ever has. It's the last place you can get info on the MEC Series, FACT!

http://www.firedragonent.com/Books.htm
  • Firedragon_4
    Options
    Ted and all,

please keep one thing in mind. These are just oilburners, and that's a FACT! If you know what you're doing it becomes easy. Ever notice we're all afraid of things we don't know. READ, READ, READ!

I've been around these puppies since 1975 and even went to the factory school in Legnano Italy, but it's still just an oilburner.

The MEC (1975-1981) was very much like our current burners, the Mectron, 40 and Gulliver are state-of-the-art, but still just oilburners. Learn more about them, make more money.
  • Ted_9
    Options

It is not possible to take on oil in my business right now. I'm just trying to find someone thats as professional as I am.

But I appriciate your input as a oil heat pro.

• Firedragon_4
    Options
    Geepers creepers did I say that???

For pete's sake, don't sell the oil Ted, just do the service better. Advertise you do oilheat service and just watch. Funny thing is, company's that train and stay on top don't have problems, those that don't well.............

There is a revolution afoot from the calls I get from homeowners. Many full-service, full-price companies just aren't doing it, so an independent HVAC company with good oil techs can make lots of moola. BTW, those that buy discount oil have known this for a while.

ANYONE can sell oil, that's been proven beyond any doubt, it takes pros to service, FACT!
  • Robert O'Connor_6
    Options
    Making the bucks

I worked for many years for an old timer who only offered oil service- no oil sales.

He retired and lives most of the year on his 48 ft boat in the Carribean.

There is money to be made...

Regards

Robert

ME
  • Ted_9
    Options

I just mean I cant take on oil too. Its just two of us. I cant do everything and we are pushing to promote ourselves as a radiant heat company.

• Firedragon_4
    Options
    Aha, now I see

said the blind man! ;-)
This discussion has been closed.