Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Electric Heat

Options
Bill Nye_2
Bill Nye_2 Member Posts: 538
I have hydronic heat.

I was at my brother-in-laws today for Christmas with my wifes family. He is not a bad guy but, he has electric heat. Thank God my mother in law gave me a sweater! I don't usually try things on, but today I put that sweater on as soon as I opened the box!

You do not know how good you have it until you visit people who are less fortunate than you. They may make twice as much, but they don't have hydronic heat!!!!!!

Comments

• Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Options
    Hear Hear!

I am currently sitting in a house that tried to slow-roast me last night. I guess they (the HVAC-hacks that installed the scorched air system) never bothered to set up the ducts for even heat/cool distribution. Thus, my wife and I wilted in 100°F+ conditions, while it was 70°F elsewhere in the house.

The double-hung damper saved us, along with strategically-placed pillows placed in front of the supply registers to repel the forces of heat.

I can't wait to enjoy the radiant floor heat in my new house. The steam heat in the rental is pretty nifty but not nearly as even as the radiant heat we're experiencing already on the job site.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    it is your duty to inform them of the alternatives...........

Bill, electric hook up a hotwater heater and some dry heat or ceiling radiant forthem...in one room give them a day to recover from the Bliss....then quickly expound on a nice boiler indirect and radiant anything:) Constantine Seems there are many homes in America with that specialized form of pillow control stradgey! *~/:) hat can be scary is having heat that over heats the furnace room Walls ! i cant be the only person who happened into a home with the paneling about to burst into flames...Forced air isnt always benigne whisps of heat gracing the human form...some installs walk closely with the "criminal." HVAC guys have thier hands full with scary installs. have either of you been in a home with a cracked fire box and a POS burner and had witness to FIRE shooting out of the dampers? oh Boy! what a good vacume cleaning would have done for those ducts....sorry didnt mean to keep you up all night.........
This discussion has been closed.