Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus Panel Radiator Fittings

Ted_9
Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
As soon as I install mine I'll let you know. I'm using Viega fosta pex with Buderus panel rads using the 1/2 inch pex fittings. I was told by a very good supplier that it was done all of the time.

PATRIOT HEATING & COOLING, INC.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=343&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Buderus Radiators and Multicor

Hey all,

we're using Buderus panel radiators on an upcoming job, which purportedly has a male R20 thread on it. We want to feed the radiators (operating at high temp) with Multicor pex-al-pex.

I have heard rumours that other manufacturer's fittings may leak even though the multicor fittings are R20 female. I am not sure that Buderus's R20 to PEX fittings will work well with PAP; anyone have any feedback on that?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,980
    Speaking from experience,

Having repaired too many connections trying the Stadler fostapex with the available "compression type" fittings for 1/2", we started switching to copper below the floor. It not only looks nicer, but works. (very soon after, we discovered that they make a crimp/press to panel rad. fitting for just this).

I like the look of copper going to the bottom of them more so than the plastic covers that come in the mounting kit. Again, just a personal preference. Chris

• that's what I was afraid of; are you transitioning to PAP once you get below the floor, or simply running full copper feeds to the panels?

Thanks a bunch for the input, btw.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ted_9

JCA, are you using or did you use the pex fixxing for the buderus panel rads?

• J.C.A._3
    NRT and Ted,

When I first started working with Milne, they were just getting into the pex-al-pex and tried it to connect panel radiators with compression to panel fittings.(the ones with the rubber/nitrol insert in the nut)A few leakers convinced me to switch to copper just below the floor.

Like I said, very soon after, we were given 1/2 pex/al-pex to rad. connectors and haven't had any leaks with them at all. I'm not at the shop, so I can't give you any numbers. If you need them, I'll go in the morning and look.

After seeing the grey colored pex leading to the panels, I knew I didn't like it.The plastic floor plates and split covering look allright, but still don't evoke true confidence in my mind.They also get paw prints on them the never seem to wash off well enough and I like to see the piping attached to them, again personal preference.

NRT, Unless the panel rad is right off a trunk feeding the system, and needs venturi tees, we will run pex the whole way out to them,changing below the floor if accessable.

Hope I answered your questions. Chris

• Hi JCA,

I don't need the numbers, but are you referring to the Buderus adapters there?

• Ted_9

Thank you JCA, that helps for me.

• J.C.A._3
    NRT,

I don't know what you mean by "Buderus adapters". The fittings we get are either pex,press ring fit or copper to panel fittings. The European standard has been adapted to 1/2" copper and they fit well.I know that they are NOT made by Buderus . They are from a second party company and fit lots of different European manufacturers standard fittings.

I believe that it's a metric/American (what we call "standard" though I STILL don't know why!) fitting.

If you need to look it up, try capcosupply.com. Not sure of the email addy, but it should give you a link to my supplier. If you have any questions, ask for Mike B. Emails seem to get answered in good time,but with the holiday season may take a while. The phone number will also be available. If you need the answer toot-sweet, give em' a call. Chris
  • Ted_9

I also use Capco Supply. They know what they are talking about. The pex adaptors are the "Buderus" adapter that you seek.

• I talked to Paul Pollets at ART as well, who has done a lot of this particular combination (multicor/buderus radiators), and he confirms that the buderus R20 to PEX adapters work well with multicor. He also said the fostapex pureflow fittings and multipress fittings for multicor work well.

all good news!

This discussion has been closed.