Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Job Photos Needed!

Options
Hi gang, I need some help from some of you.

We're currently rebuilding two of our seminars over for next year. We have lots of drawings and data, but need some photos.

What we are looking for is the best and worse of water installs and steam installs and they can be gas or oil.

Specifically on steam we need near boiler piping shots and a few radiation and venting shots of the good, the bad and the oh-my-God's.

With water anything goes, but no radiant, that's a whole other thing.

You can get these to me by e-mail at FiredragonMail@comcast.net or send them on a CD. We will repay the favor, FACT!

Thanks in advance and see you next summer, George Lanthier

BTW, this was our best year so far and thank you all and have a great holiday season and stay safe.

BTW2, as for you Mr. Holohan, as usual, thank you for this site!

Comments

• Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    Options
    Need more

steam photos, pleeeeease!
  • Mike Reavis_2
    Mike Reavis_2 Member Posts: 307
    Options
    I have an archive of these photos.

Some are on cd from kodak, and photoworks. I would just need time to get them to you. Time is bad until Christmas. What is your timeframe?

Mike

This photo is a barn, with a stable below it. The barn is built on bridge-decking. It has radaint heat. The radiant heat was correctly sized and laid out for a standard installation. They however made no calculation for the mass of the bridge-decking, and the subsequent massive amount of downward, and sideward heat loss. It really is too bad about this one.

also attached are shots of the power of vacuum on "pressure vessels" in residences.

The other shots are of a house we did that had two identically sized boilers for a house that was once a single house converted for two separate properties. We removed two boilers, two gas meters, and went back in with one boiler, outdoor reset, two zones-piped primary and secondary. It is just a shame that gas has gone up 50% or more, the $ savings would be dramatic.
  • Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710
    Options

Under HAMMER, HAMMER, HAMMER!!! On the Wall I have a picture of a new Steamer w/ a False Water Line. If it fits your crudentials feel free to use it.

Jamie

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Firedragon_4
    Options
    Thank you,

whenever you can send them will be fine, need them for training next year.
  • Firedragon_4
    Options
    Thank you Jamie!

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,113
    Options
    here's one

necegelic bad spelling huh clammy have a happy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • clammy
    Options
    here's a staemer

this one's all done
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • clammy
    Options
    here's a staemer

this one's all done
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • clammy
    Options
    here's a staemer

this one's all done a conversion job didn.t get a before pic but she was a old oil fired pancake boiler original about 80 to 85 years old just filled with mud about 25 gallons she took about 45 minutes for the header even to get warm lucky for me there where more dry returns then wet ps the old ho used to clean the water side he had a whole assortment of hose attachment for blow thw lwco ,pressuretrol and water side of the boiler but still full of mud the original was coal converted to oil peace clammy
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
  • Firedragon_4
    Options
    Thanks clammy,

that one of the control will end up in two seminars, Hydronics and System Controls.

Happy, happy to you and yours!
  • clammy
    Options
    One more ok

here 's one more for you
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
This discussion has been closed.