Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco Hy Vent 400

Peter OC
Peter OC Member Posts: 3
I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Taco Hy Vents leaking. Our hydronic system has the Taco Hy Vents piped into the return on each zone. Long story short, I suspect one of them is leaking as there are clearly water marks on the vent itself and occasionally puddles beneath the manifold in the morning. Seems to happen in the early monring hours as this particular zone is heating up for the day. The funny thing is that this is a fairly new system (4 years old).

I plan on closing the ball valves on each end of the zone, draining the zone, replacing the vent with a new Taco Hy Vent, and then refill the zone. Does this sound right to you folks and have any of you had the similar experiences with the Tac Hy Vents failing???

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Al Letellier
    Al Letellier Member Posts: 781
    Taco vents

Sure, they leak all the time. It's old school to install those high vents on the return side. Once the air is out, they aren't needed. If your system was "pumping away", you wouldn't need them. When the system cools off, they can let air in. Unless you have some serious piping issues, screw down the caps and leave them, or take them out all together, purge the system and thats that.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Glenn Harrison_2
    Glenn Harrison_2 Member Posts: 845
    If you haven't already,

make sure you read this thread here on the wall.

http://forums.invision.net/Thread.cfm?CFApp=2&Thread_ID=20460&mc=11
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 705
    Taco, Hy_

The taco Hy-vent may leak if any system debris collects in the vent, hindering its performance. You can disassemble the vent, cleanout anything that may have collected, and reassemble it, this should resolve the leakage. Alternatively, you can purchase the 414 waste connector, allowing you to run this tubing from the vent to a nearby, slop sink, or drain. For your reference I have attached the submittal data sheet for the Taco hy-vent, and the optional waste connector.

Taco, Inc.
    Joe Mattiello
    Technical Service Technician
    joemat@taco-hvac.com
    401-942-8000 X 484
    www.taco-hvac.com
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
This discussion has been closed.