Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

panels

Options
m_3
m_3 Member Posts: 19
Just wondering what you guys are using as a backer behind your near boiler piping. Painted plywood looks good behind manifolds and circs, but what do you use for real eye catcher jobs? Have used diamond plate in the past, and while it looked great, with recent price increases, I am seeking alternative materials. Any suggestions?

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Go to a sign supply shop

and get the enameled aluminum sheets. Available in 4X8 or 4X10' in my area. Many colors and finishes.

My supplies has a scratch and dent pile also. Often just dinged corners. Under $30.00 a sheet. Alliance Metals is the brand I use. They have plants all over the country. 800-867-6395 in NJ.

I'm sure you know that diamond plate is available in many thickness and gauges. The very thinnest is often plenty if you are going on plywood. Aluminum is sold by the pound :)

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • harvey
    harvey Member Posts: 153
    Options
    FRP panel

We've been using FRP fiberglass panels already glued to 3/8" wafer board. It only comes in white but you can get edge covers or splices. We buy it a t Menard's :(
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    With any plastic

coated or composite panels you need to be very careul when soldering. I tried melamine, and marlite type coverings, but they are fairly sensitive to heat.

Finally flipped the sheet over to build everything, and pressure test on the unfinished side. Then mounted the finished piping on the good side. Repairs or additions call for care if a torch is involved.

The panel always looks nice with a bright clean backer, regardless of what you chose.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.