Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Beckett AFG question

Options
Ran across almost identical fragile carbon wings on the F3 flame holders on Beckett AFG burners in V74T Burnham boilers. One had a 1 gph nozzle and the other .85 gph, both 80 degree B type. If anything, air settings were a bit rich, with perhaps less than .01 draft over the fire. All else seemed OK. This common?

Comments

• Fred

To be honest, this has not been a complaint. The original parameters for the normal firing rate for the V74 with Beckett are as follows:

F4 Head

2-2/4" Static Disc

1.10-80B Hago

#10 Air Shutter

#3 Air Band

The parameters for the reduced firing rate or V74M Medium firing rate are as follows:

F3 Head

3-3/8" Static Disc

.85-80B Hago

#6 Air Shutter

#0 Air Band

If you are running F3 heads then it sounds as if these have been down-fired. Check to see what these are equipped with as I recall receiving calls from the field several years back where techs were going with the reduced firing rate without changing the static disc. Your over-fire draft should be in the negative range at about -.02". If you in fact are running positive then something is amiss regarding chimney draft or the boiler is plugged up a bit. Hope this helps.

Glenn Stanton

Burnham Hydronics
  • Fred Harwood
    Fred Harwood Member Posts: 261
    Options
    Beckett

Thanks, Glenn. I have slightly increased the draft and throughly cleaned the boilers. No carbon yet, so I assume the problem on both was slight positive pressure due to low draft setting.
This discussion has been closed.