Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

120v electric baseboard heater

Options
what size 120v baseboard heater do i need for my bathroom?
it is 10'6" by 5'1" one small window one big window.
i was looking at 120v 1000w 4'

Comments

• Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options

It all depends on your climate and the construction of the house. 1,000 watts equates with about 3,400 BTUs, so unless your climate is extremely cold or the house leaky and uninsulated, it [should] be enough.

Do though consider the 220V models if you have 220 available in the house. 220 presents a "friendlier" load to the electrical system.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    re: electric baseboard heater

i cant insatll 220v beause there is not enough space in circuit breaker box, would it be possible to put in a sub panel in for more breakers? im not sure if i have 100amp or 200amp.
  • jim lockard
    jim lockard Member Posts: 1,059
    Options
    subpanel

SK--Maybe you could have a subpanel installed or perhaps you could have a half size or "piggyback" breaker installed. Best to consult a licensed electrician for advice. Is the bath heat just to supplement or is it sole source? Modern construction with other sources of heat in the home I use a figure of "10 watts per foot"
    11 feet X 5 feet = 55 Sq ft X 10 = 550 watts.
    But remember nothing beats doing a heat loss cal on the space, you can find that information on the upper left. Best Wishes J.Lockard
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    re: baseboard heat bathroom

there is no heat in bath so i am assuming it is sole heat, my house was built in the early 1900's, most updates were installed except windows.
This discussion has been closed.