Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Who does \"blower door tests\" in MA

Do you mean checking the blower door for suction? Checking for suction from an undersized plenum? Maybe I'm off track on your question Ted.

BB

Comments

• Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718

I had someone looking for this service. Anyone know who does this in Massachusetts, south of Boston?

PATRIOT HEATING & COOLING, INC.
  • Ted_9

Its the test that is done to a whole house to find infultration. They use a door like the front door to hook up a blower. Ive only heard of these test, never seen one done.

• steve_59
    steve_59 Member Posts: 2
    blower door test

A Google search for "Blower door test" Massachusetts yielded the following information:

Bruce Torrey is a licensed builder and certified thermographer. His company, Building Diagnostics, based in East Sandwich, MA, provides building performance and contracting services

• Boston Boiler
    Boston Boiler Member Posts: 70

I was a little off track Huh? Searching out infultration. What next, seems to me if you have to hire someone to find it, it's not all that bad. Can't be blowing out the candles right? They wouldn't need a certified Thermographer to locate that one. I'll keep that one in mind......"Feels a little chilly in here sir, when was the last time you had your Thermographer stop by for an evaluation." I saw an ad in the help wanted column for a "roofing mechanic" and got a laugh but the Thermographer has got that beat.
    Good luck in your search.

BB
  • John Jr
    John Jr Member Posts: 210
    Blower door

Ted , Hi John Perry from Advanced Comfort Systems we meet at ISH. The guy I use is Ned Reynolds (401) 423-3237 He used to work for energystar homes before he went out on his own. Give him a call he has helped me out and I know he is still working with a couple of my contractors fixing leaks in houses.
  • Ted_9

I never think to check google.

Thanks for the referal John.

• larry
    larry Member Posts: 91

Conservation Services Group in Westboro did one for me several years ago. Found some unexpected areas that I wouldn't have found on my own. When I was searching for a person to do it I remember hearing that some of the insulation speciality contractors also offer this service.
  • Blower Door test are

an important part of a good energy audit. It is usually involved with local "Energy Star" programs. It can also be effective for determining depressurization problems in customers homes which have exhausting issues removing air with out "make up air" being provided.

It is a good idea to do one before adding insulation and windows and other house sealing modifications. Then have one done after the modifications to hopefully see the improved results.
This discussion has been closed.