Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Meathead, Rhoda & Carole King

Options
Lois & I stopped to see & hear these folks as they stomped through York yesterday.

King of cool seeing these three - especially Carole. She was at the top of the charts when I was 16(G).

Following their speeches, we could have chatted with them (there was a very light turn out), but lunch and work were demanding our attention.

http://ydr.com/story/election/47273/

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=98&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Plumbob
    Plumbob Member Posts: 183
    Options
    Oh, you meant Rob Reiner

I thought you meant The Man Who Will Keep Us Safe, but it didn't make sense to me that "Rhoda" and Carole King would be appearing with him.
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Options
    now, now.....

no political stuff please. I was leery about posting with this as it was. But it was a hoot to see the three along with Eddie "Two Fingers" Rendel.

Rendel's Caddy was curbside. The same one clocked at well over 100 MPH quite frequently until the press made that an issue. Hey! Being Governor should have some extra privileges, right?

Anyway, it was fun listening to Reiner poke fun at himself when he talked about Archie and All in the Family.

I was amazed at how accessible they all were following the speeches. Those who wanted to talk with them had ample opportunity to do so & they signed lots of autographs. Big doings for York!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    PAH,

Meathead, Songstress and "One of the first Jewish actresses in a mixed marriage on T.V.", what a gathering! I don't want to sound political either, but my thinking is that the guy who wants in, has got quite a cross section of folks trying to get him there. Hope you had a good time. I know I would have taken some to speak with "Meathead", I think SpinalTap is one of the finest films of the 20'th century. To have been in a band and watch it is, the ultimate hoot!
    Chris
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Options
    Well

I really wanted to meet & greet the celebs, but once I told Lois I wanted to give Carole a hug, she said "we're outta here". They were obviously being gracious to a fault, but everyone was having fun.

Missed opportunities - when we were in CA, we walked right by Grace Slick who was having an art show in a Saucilito (SP?) gallery. After dinner we wandered in and saw who the artist was (not bad art, BTW). The attendent told me who we'd missed and that Grace was more than happy to chat it up with those who walked in. Good grief - no one told me these icons would get grey(G)!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    But PAH,

At least you can COMB gray. Bald, that gets tough!

"We are the people our parents warned us about". Chris
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Dave

Even thought Grace was there, I don't think she was " There". I've heard some interviews with Grace and she definalty was in the sixtys :)

It's funny how these people we admired in our youth have little bearing in todays pop culture. To you and I, a chance to talk to Carol King is a missed opportunity. Tell your kids or the "kids" who work for you and no doubt they would have said " Carol Who ? "

Scott

This discussion has been closed.