Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Job Photos ( S Milne)

Options
ScottMP
ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
Here's a replacement job we did about a month ago. The newest member of the team Andy, did this job. The owner wanted Burnham and thats what he got. This was originally two small boilers and we installed the one Burnham with Riello burner and Tekmar control.

We did'nt have the room for a panel witht he amount of zones we had. I am starting to think more about using zone valves when we have alot of zones and you'll see that in some of our upcoming jobs.

I think for his first job for us, Andy did a really neat job. Well layed out.

Scott

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=237&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

Nice and neat install.

What brand circulators are being used? Can the wire connections be on the bottom with these circs? Because that would be helpful on a lot of jobs.

PATRIOT HEATING & COOLING, INC.
  • ScottMP
    Options
    Grundfos 15-58

with intregal checks.

Ya know Ted, thats one thing I noticed. But If you look closer we were really close to the cieling and it would have been a ball buster for the electricians to wire. I know where your going, if we have a leak it can get in the connection box. We learn on every install :)

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    nice job!

I would gander a guess and say that new gentleman know's how to use a level. Excellent. My only question would be is there enough room to get the draft hood out or open the cleanout on the chimney? I know you didn't really have any place else to put em by the look's of it..
  • Darin Cook_3
    Darin Cook_3 Member Posts: 389
    Options
    Looks Nice

If I may make a suggestion. Go down to Office Max and get a label printer. You will be happy with how much neater it looks than a sharpie when identifying zones. You can get the labels in COOL different colors. Where's my lobsta?

Darin
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Options
    Nice Job!

It must have been quite a challenge to squeeze that much heating system into that small of an area. I like the pressure/temp dials on the pipes, it's a nice touch. Whoever installed all that stuff must have had some sore arms at the end of the day... all that overhead work, yikes!
  • ScottMP
    Options
    Darin

Your right I should go get a label maker, much nicer.

I think Timmie ate your lobster, sorry dude.

Come down next summer, I'll make it up to you.

Thnaks for the nice words, we 've got some Beauty's coming up !!

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Scott, consider

turning the motor 90° and placing the junction box to the front or back. We do this all the time.

Looks like the newest box is even cut away for this purpose, photo 3.

Nice work, a bonus (new truck) for that install team, no doubt :)

hot rod

• The new guy Andy

knows his stuff . Everything looks level and square . In the 2nd pic I see different color wires tied onto the pipe near the circs . Was that the color of each power wire to the pumps , to help in wiring the relay ? I like to run different colors also . I might have asked before , but how come you don't wire up the boilers ? Is it a code issue ? How many section is this V8 ? We put in a 9 section and was alot quieter than we could imagine .

How long has Andy been in the biz ? From the looks of this job , it must be a while . Great work Team Milne .
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    I'll take the stab at this one.

H.R., The UP-15 series pump motors can be rotated 180° to the flanges to give a "pump away/junction box on top" orientation, but not 90°. We just started seeing the newer box covers on the job after this one. From the looks of them, it seems to be the same. We also try to keep on hand a couple of UP-(whatever) FR and FRC units. I'm sure you know the difference between them, but for everyone else, the FRC pumps have the flanges mount at 90° to the FR pumps, and can be used as direct replacement for any other pumps that have flanges in an "opposed direction", thereby keeping all the motors on the same plane.

If you tried to mount the motor 90° to the housing, you'll have no mating surface because the
    motor box will hit the bump on the side of the flange. From the looks of things, I guess I'll have to give it a try. I see the groove cut into the top housing, but haven't seen if it will clear the bump.(stuff occurs, maybe they've figured it out and can throw out the FRC mold!) Chris
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Chris

Guess I don't follow your observation. Looks to me the new version has been purposly cut away on the terminal box to allow the 90° rotation. Seems to bolt up and mate just fine??

hot rod

• J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    H.R.

Thanks for that last photo. Like I said, we just started seeing these motor boxes on the newer pumps.The pumps used on this job were UP15-58 FC

I've only SEEN and troubleshot 1 of the newer ones for the time being, and haven't had to try to orient one in the "real world" yet.(wiring problem, not a pump problem) Looks like a winner. Maybe it will enable Grundfos to throw out the FRC mold .

The only observation I can make from the service point right now, after seeing and having to check one, is that they make the cover screws a bit stronger. The first one I tried to remove, seemed to be made from the same metal that Riello used to make their old fuel pump cover screws from.(I believe it was butter, as they stripped about the time the phillips head hit the cross!)

I hope to be able to give more input in the near future. I suspect we will all be seeing these soon. Chris
  • ScottMP
    Options
    HR

He got a new truck a few months back... We're working on Paying for it :)

I see what your saying about the pumps. Might have been agood solution.

Like I tell Chris all the time " We learn on every install "

What untill you see the Viessmann jobs we have coming up ... Sweet !

Scott

This discussion has been closed.