Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

quietline wall hung boilers

Options
harvey
harvey Member Posts: 153
just wondering if anyone has used one of these boilers?

Comments

• harvey
    Options
    sorry, Quietside is the name

Quietside boilers wall hung,condensing, DWH and space heating.
  • mark_40
    mark_40 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    in a word ....

Don't ......
  • harvey
    Options
    how about a couple more words?

• mark_40
    mark_40 Member Posts: 65
    Options
    a friend

put 20 in an apartment complex .... he's a plummer .. i inherited the problems .. the factory tech guy tried to help, but .. lotta service calls
  • Mark W
    Mark W Member Posts: 22
    Options
    More words...

*&@#&*! :-)

From what I saw of the ones my company installed, before we begged, pleaded, and made a big stink about them and finally forced them to stop installing them, I was not impressed.

Possibly they are a fine boiler, but the factory rep. was very misleading in his insistence that all you had to do was hook up water and gas piping, and it would be a foolproof, bulletproof boiler.

They are not something you just throw on the wall, and hook up, despite what we were led to believe. Like any good quality hydronic installation, it requires proper attention to what you're trying to accomplish, pipe sizing, flow rates, etc. Correction, make that very close proper attention, there didn't seem to be any margin for error, or any "forgiveness" on any part of the boiler.

Even given a perfect install, I was not impressed at all with the overall cheap look and feel, (and what appeared to be components supplied by the next step under the low bidder), of what is supposed to be a high quality boiler.
    Maybe things have changed, and I'll be blasted for my comments, and I'll gladly take it, and stand corrected, but I still consider them to be a piece of crap, and would definitely look elsewhere when considering boiler replacements.
  • Nron_9
    Nron_9 Member Posts: 237
    Options
    pictures

post some pictures and stats on the wall I would like more information please
  • Mark W
    Mark W Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Oh yeah...

I forgot to mention in the previous post the almost complete lack of documentation, paperwork, literature, etc. (except for the nice glossy promo. lit.).

What we were provided was so poorly lacking in any useful information on anything to do with the boiler, or properly installing and troubleshooting it, was laughable.

Like I said earlier, maybe they've improved and cleaned up their act. I sincerely hope so for anyone who is installing them, or having them installed in their home.
This discussion has been closed.