Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

water damage controls

Options
jim_14
jim_14 Member Posts: 271
for controlling water damage.. i.e. burst proof hoses and another product I saw that shuts off the water supply to your HWH should it spring a leak..

I figure you guys on here may know the answer and recommend a product for me.

Im looking for something for my washer and dryer that would , in the event of a leak or overflow that would shut off the water supply or the washing machine in the event of an overflow or burst hose.

I know they have water alarms that sit on the floor and sound an audible alert when they detect water.

thanks and Happy Thansgiving to all

Comments

• Robert O'Connor_7
    Robert O'Connor_7 Member Posts: 688
    Options
    Watts

Watts has a nice unit that will meet your needs. It also has an wire (water sensor) that can be placed in the pan?? or on the floor that will also turn off the water supply...Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • John White
    John White Member Posts: 120
    Options

For Water heater safety, be sure to check out the Taco Wags Valve. It not only shuts off the water supply to the water heater, but also the gas supply to the heater,
    Check it out at Taco-hvac.com
    John White
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    Good Idea!

if you have no drain the Golden submarine i call it ,should turn on a small pump to pump the water away to a drain. and shut the whole works Down.that way the thing will not have any calls for heat nor will it totally flood out the room. enjoy.
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Options
    The water cop certainly does what you want...

... another device I saw at ISH turned the whole house OFF whenever the alarm system is on. The idea being, if no one is home, then there should be no water need. Certainly could be a plus for a vacation home or whatnot. Just don't expect the washer to be happy if you left it high and dry.

Like the water cop, the device also turned the supply off when there was an alarm. I can't remember the name, but besides, it's overkill for your situation, it seems.
This discussion has been closed.