Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

1 1/2 Brass, Jenkins Motorized Steam Zone Valve

Options
Bill Nye_2
Bill Nye_2 Member Posts: 538
no one can help. How old is this stuff, and where are you at. Maybe some one can help, I am sorry but I can't.

Comments

• John G.- Serv. Tech. Petro
    Options
    1 1/2 Brass, Jenkins Motorized Steam Zone Valve

Last week we had to replace a 1 1/2" brass jenkins motorized steam zone valve with a new honeywell. The valve did not turn on the burner. It just worked off of 24 volts and a T-87 honeywell thermostat with a T-86 3 wire sub-base. Our local supply houses could not get parts for the valve. The customer has a weil mclain unit burning @3.25 gph. He also has 3 more of these jenkins valves. Is there any place that carries parts for jenkins valves?
    The jenkins valve was stuck in the open position. The customer was tapping the valve for 2 years to get it to close. It finally woudn't close no matter how many times it was "tapped".
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    Options
    jenkins,fairbanks et al

jenkins was once the cadilac of valves but those days sad to say are gone forever. rip it out and put in a modern up to date honeywell or equal valve whose parts will be readily available in the future. never dreamed i would ever say something like this about jenkins. jenkins valves were invented by a jeweler who could not buy a quality valve to his standards so he made his own. the end of an era.
  • Bucky_2
    Bucky_2 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Here's something interesting I ran into the other day:

http://www.emachineshop.com

Basically, you download their software, and if you can draw the part, they will machine it for you, and the sample costs they show aren't all that outrageous. It may not be worth it in this particular situation, but it's an option to keep in the back of your toolbag....
  • John G.- Serv. Tech. Petro
    Options
    Thank You Folks

Thank you for the input. The customer doen't get it that some parts are just obsolete. We installed a Honeywell motorized valve in place of the Jenkins. The property is in Gilbertsville PA. The customer has 3 more Jenkins valves. We will be replacing them with Honeywells as they each go bad and/or stick. The emachineshop.com web site will come in handy in the future. We have alot of customers that don't want to part with their old, old hh's.
    Thanks again to everyone, John G.
This discussion has been closed.