Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

RTI is no more

Options
Mark Hunt
Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
Official announcement, RTI has been closed.

"Uponor North America announced today that the company will close RTI
Piping Systems in the United States and Plasco PEX-b Manufacturing in
Canada. Additionally, the Uponor Manufactured Structures and Uponor
Ecoflex businesses will be consolidated into Uponor Wirsbo and Uponor
Canada."

Mark H

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=238&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

Does that mean we cant get Radiant track anymore?

PATRIOT HEATING & COOLING, INC.
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    Well...

I guess this means that Dave Holdorf will be looking for a new job. Kudos to whom ever hires him. He's an outstanding person/hydronician.

Maybe he'll go to work for Dave VanWickler:-)

ME

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    R.I.P. RTI!

By my accounts they did a fine job within the industry. I attended several contractoor trainings and visited the plant in Bellport once. Thanks for the memories guys and gals :)

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • David Van Wickler_3
    Options
    WELL...WELL....WELLLLLL.

There is also a fine gentlemen that works inside for the engineering department, Jaymus Burke. He is a hard working, smart fella' that I was proud to work with. Jaymus handles the bulk of design and technical support at RTI. Jaymus has been with RTI for +/- 10 years and started out of high school.

He's an unsung hero. And to boot he just bought a house for his two girls and fiance'.

Give him a call if your on the island - cell number 680 3395

David Van Wickler

• Tim Doran
    Tim Doran Member Posts: 208
    Options
    Dave H.

Dave is not up for grabs. I am very pleased to announce that Dave has joined the Uponor Wirsbo technical services team as a regional field technician. He will be working in the north east. Uponor Wirsbo will be providing technical and warranty support for RTI products and systems.

The Radiant Trak and Joist Trak are equivelent products and the Joist Trak should be readily available in all markets.

Tim D.

• John Felciano
    John Felciano Member Posts: 411
    Options
    HEY!

DVW...Haven't seen your name up on the "wall" here for some time,was thinking about you while walking the isles of ISH.

I'm glad to hear the other Dave ;) is part of the Wirsbo family.

RTI was a very good company,never had any complaints about their products or their support.Kinda sorry to see them go.Is this going to be a trend now in the industry.Will we see many of these smaller radiant companies consolidating into one mega Uponor company?
  • Chris Crean
    Chris Crean Member Posts: 5
    Options

In regards to the Joist Trak plates, please contact a stocking Wirsbo Distributor on LI or NYC for pricing. 1/2" & 3/8" are in stock at Wales Darby, NY. Contact the Wales Darby Comfort Systems Department for more info on Wirsbo products. (631) 585-6800.
  • David Van Wickler_3
    Options
    Hey Felc!

How do you do? Hope all is well in the NE.

Ahh the old days - we had some fun seminars we did.

Almost went to ISH, but commercial heating is in full swing and I've got quite a full plate.

Keep up the good work.

DVW
  • Chuck_7
    Chuck_7 Member Posts: 71
    Options

Great. I just laid out a fairly good size house using RTI thermalboard.
  • zeb_3
    zeb_3 Member Posts: 104
    Options
    crimp rings

How about the crimp rings that they had? Still available?
  • zeb_3
    zeb_3 Member Posts: 104
    Options
    crimp rings

How about the crimp rings that they had? Still available?
  • Leo G_99
    Leo G_99 Member Posts: 223
    Options
    surprised it took

so long! when i heard that uponor had bought plasco, and let go of their inside sales staff promptly, i thought that they would shut the plant down forth-with.

oh well, at least our economy here in B.C. is chugging again, so those guys should be able to get work pretty quickly.

Leo G
  • Chris Crean
    Chris Crean Member Posts: 5
    Options

The crimp rings will be offered by Wirsbo and available through your stocking Wirsbo distributor. Price sheets will be available soon.
  • Chris_32
    Chris_32 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Thermal board

I would be happy to work with you on a Quik Trak design if the Thermal board is not available when you start this project. Call if you would like to discuss it. 952-997-5334

Tim D.
  • eric_2
    eric_2 Member Posts: 148
    Options
    Sorry to hear..

lot's of years dealing with RTI and never a complaint on service. Jaymus has done more than a few loads for us over the years. Best of luck to all involved.
  • Trashheap
    Trashheap Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Other Link in the Chain

Yet, let's not forget there was another person over there at RTI's engineering department who also had to bear the brunt of TMV mispipings and electrical wiring mishaps. That would be Steve Johnson. I would say that without him, Jaymus would have gone crazy with the amount of work that inundated these two engineers. These two engineers are very knowledgeable in hydronics and are an asset to the industry. I was privileged to have worked with these two and if there is anyone out there looking for two knowledgable individuals on the hydronics industry give them a call on the island.

Edwin Hipolito
  • paco
    paco Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Radiany heat control module replacement?

I have a RTI radiant heat control module that just quite working. It's getting power [green light on] but the pumps are getting no power. Are there relays that can be replaced or do I have to replace the entire unit?. If so what would be a good replacement.

Thanks,

paul

pacoflyer@aol.com
  • paco
    paco Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Radiany heat control module replacement?

I have a RTI radiant heat control module that just quite working. It's getting power [green light on] but the pumps are getting no power. Are there relays that can be replaced or do I have to replace the entire unit?. If so what would be a good replacement.

Thanks,

paul

pacoflyer@aol.com