Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tankless hot water heaters, best? cheapest?

Options
John_51
John_51 Member Posts: 1
Which tankless hot water heaters are the best and/or the cheapest? I'm looking for a unit to heat water for a single bathroom with a sink and a shower. Also a unit to just heat a bathroom sink. I have a limited budget, but I don't want to buy junk.

Comments

• Brian (Tankless)
    Brian (Tankless) Member Posts: 340
    Options
    www.seisco.com

For the sink/shower combo, and a "Powerstream" from www.controlledenergy.com

Tankless in Swampland.
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    many unhappy returns...

We stock Bosch Tankless Water Heaters, we have more defective returns than satisfied customers. I do my best to steer customers away tankless design.
    Rick
  • Jay_11
    Jay_11 Member Posts: 50
    Options

Can you tell us what kinds of complaints the customers have? For spacing reasons I am thinking of going tankless for the whole house and I'd like to know what kind of bad effects to expect.
  • We know
    We know Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters

Use the Rinnai Tankless Water Heater @ www.rinnai.us
    We have represented the Rinnai in Michigan for about 3 years now and it has been an unbelievable line. You will not be diss.
  • Brian (Tankless)
    Options
    Hi Jay

I believe Rick is referring to Bosch gas units. Bosch don't make electric tankless heaters.

Both the Seisco & Powerstream's that I mentioned are electric.

Powerstream is THE biggest selling (and reliable) electric tankless unit ever ! I installed two of them in my Mom's home, and they ran without problem for over 30 yrs, until my wethead brother replaced all DH water & radiant with a Baxi "combi" 2 yrs ago.

The American "Seisco" doesn't have any competition, IMHO. I've sold/installed over 140 of them in Louisiana. Only one changeout because the builder undersized it.

HUGE WARNING Do NOT use the EE-Max/Powerstar brand sold by Controlled Energy. The company (CEC) is great, "PowerStar" is not. One word "exposedwirewoundelements" and flickering lights.

Trust someone who's seen them all up close, and paid for the privilege.

Tankless in Swampland.

• Jay_11
    Options

We'd probably go with a gas tankless. Our contractor has been talking about installing a Rinnai Continuum or a Takagi TK2. Any problems with these?
  • Brian (Tankless)
    Options
    Both are great (nm)

• Jay_11
    Options

Thanks for the recommmendation.
  • Stacy_3
    Stacy_3 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    tankless in Michigan

I saw your post saying you install tankless in MI. What part of MI as we are looking for someone in this area that is familiar with these systems.
This discussion has been closed.