Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless JOT replacement

It still held water , but the homeowner was new and wanted to start fresh . A shame though , properly maintained and these boilers will work great for decades . We also replaced the Ford water heater , date code of 1980 and still not leaking .

Comments

• Todd_9
    Todd_9 Member Posts: 88
    where's the after photo's?

• Burnham V85 and Bock 51E

We used 3 of the Taco IFCs , saved some time and money . The only issue I have is you can't open something to let the supply water drain back into the boiler , like a flowvalve would . We also installed a boiler bypass . We want this one to last much longer than the last one , and I'm positive it will .

This was my 2nd 5 section boiler in 2 days , and my back is shot . I really wanted to make it to the Slant Fin trade show to see Dan and Noel , but I'm too damn sore . Must be old age creeping up .
  • Todd_9
    install

Another nice job Ron. Why did they go for the bock instead of an indirect?
  • Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    I think the key words here were,

properly maintained and shame!
  • I'm not totally sure , but

it could be from the much higher than average failure of indirects leaking out here . And we aren't even on well water . Thanks Todd .
  • Exactly

I saw the fly by night company sticker that maintained the system . Their name tag had chimney cleaning before boiler maintenance , so I guess fixing the leaking coil plate was not a high priority .
  • Todd_9
    tank failures

I was told this was from chlorides - like dissolved salt in the groundwater. The glass lined tanks are supposed to resist this better than the stainless.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    now my back is sore

Just from seeing all the install's you do!!! Per the norm Ron excellent work. Your salesman must love you..:)
This discussion has been closed.