Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

oil burner nozzles

Options
I have a Trianco furnace with a 115 BBC, it is fed by a machine by Carlin. Last spring it began to emit dark black smoke from the chimney. I shut if off and now am trying to get it a goin'. I'm cleaning it from both ends, new filter and chimney cleaning. I also want to replace the nozzle. A friend has a collection of nozzles he got from a man retiring from the business. My nozzle is a Hago .85, 70 degrees ES, Solid. Can I replace it with a .85, 60 degrees, S-S....or....1.10, 60 degrees, S.....or..... .85,80 degrees, S. Also, does the filter on the nozzles have to be fluted if the one taken off is fluted. I'd like to use a new nozzle that can boost the output of the furnace. It was installed for a 1,000 square foot house, I added a sizable addition, and now want to use it to heat 2,800 square feet. Any info would be helpful, thanks.

Comments

• Rookie_3
    Rookie_3 Member Posts: 244
    Options

Here is some useful 411 for you, with all the spending you've done on your new addition spend a small amount more to have a pro clean and tune it. I'm sure your not aware of the potentially harmful effects you can create by stepping into something that you are not trained to do. You should also be able to get a free est. and an idea of what your options would be for getting the heat you need for the additional sq.ft. you have added. BB
  • sootmonkey
    sootmonkey Member Posts: 158
    Options
    yeah

Yeah....What Boston Boiler said, is right on the nail head. IMO, Trianco is a "Throw away boiler." In 15 years throw it away and replace it with something else. JMO.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    .02 cents

Another thing not said so far is do not attempt to upsize the boiler without verifying it can handle it. Although it seem's easy to change a nozzle, without doing proper combustion testing there is no way to verify proper fire. Even if you replace it with the exact nozzle there is alway's a difference from the old to the new. :)
  • Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    Options
    Bottom line, call a PRO!

This discussion has been closed.