Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A chance to help one of Dan's other daughters - Colleen Holohan

Options
DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,529
I am serving my second year as an AmeriCorps volunteer, working to get college students more involved in their communities in Massachusetts. This month I am organizing an alternative break program that will take place in Holyoke, MA from October 8-11. The alternative break will bring together Boston area college students and AmeriCorps volunteers to demolish, clean out and renovate local buildings for the creation of low-income housing and small business space. The project is all set to go, but now we just need to raise some money for supplies and food to keep the volunteers going through the weekend.

Last year, the generosity of folks on The Wall made the entire trip possible and the service of the volunteers saved a local low-income housing organization thousands of dollars in labor costs. Our goal this year is to raise $1,000.

Any support from you all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

If you would like to make a tax deductible donation, please send a check to:

Colleen Holohan
Massachusetts Campus Compact
196 Boston Ave
Suite 2400
Medford, MA 02155
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    Options
    Well,

you know you can count on us.

Anyone else like to help these young Americans?

AmeriCorp = Volunteers In Service To America. VISTA.

Colleen has given the past two years of her life to this organization. She's put all of her plans on hold to do something to help the less fortunate people in America on a grassroots level. If you can help her, it would mean a lot to me. I sure appreciate it. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Cheryl and I would LOVE to help

Colleen,

Although It's the busiest time of the year for us Wetheads, I'd LOVE to help you out. Low-income housing and small business space are REALLY important to us. We'd like both please;-) Perhaps we could make sure the heating and plumbing is up to snuff and fix any deficiencies. Hope we can help. Call me. 508-653-7756 or my cell 508-962-0613

Count on us.

Gary Wallace & TVL Cheryl

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Thanks, Gary!

Thanks for the offer Gary. I really appreciate it, but the particular projects that we are working on only involve demolition and painting. As volunteers, we get to work on the sites in the initial stages of work and then do touching up to places that have already been finished. The projects are already set up for us when we get there.

Once again, I really appreciate your generous offer.

Thanks!

Colleen
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Thanks, Gary.

Thanks so much for the offer. I really appreciate it.
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Thanks to Robert Bean

for his generosity. The World According to Bean is truly an inspirational place. Thanks for showing young people who are trying to help others that there are others willing to help them.

Retired and loving it.
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,306
    Options
    I've felt...

the generosity of "The Wall". A little payback is in order. I'll get you 1/4 of the way there. Expect a check!
    Yours, Larry
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Friendship

is priceless. Thanks, Larry.
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Thanks to Dan Foley.

You're always there for others, Dan. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Would anyone else

like to help these young AmeriCorp volunteers? They're almost at their goal, and the trip is coming up very soon. The money feeds them for the weekend as they help build affordable housing in a very poor section of Massachusetts.

Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.