Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

buderus

Options
I am installing a g 115 buderus boiler this might be a silly question but i am using the boiler intake and exhaust termination kit they sent me a 4 inch tee and a damper is that installed on the exhaust or the intake i did not see anything in the paper work for it.

Comments

• Ray Landry
    Ray Landry Member Posts: 203
    Options

So you have a concentric vent kit? The termaination tee goes on the exhaust vent with the tee in the horizontal position as per the manual. Putting the tee in the horizontal position contradicts most s.s fitting manf. instructions, but I usually put it the way buderus wants it.
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
    is this the direct vent kit?

if so you reduce from 5" to 4" at the outlet w/ the adapts. they supply (no barometric on direct vents!). The tee is for the concentric intake and goes on the intake to act as a vacuum relief if the intake gets plugged .It is interesting that some of the posts here (the wall)don't show one on there...kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • RoosterBoy
    RoosterBoy Member Posts: 459
    Options

I think what he is describing is a vacuum relief valve and that go's on the combustion air intake next to the burner
    as close as you can.

and that is used in case something obstructs the air intake vent that damper will open to let combustion air to the burner
  • Steve Eayrs
    Steve Eayrs Member Posts: 424
    Options
    What kind of kit is this?

A reillo BF burner kit, or other?

Steve
  • shawn laverty
    shawn laverty Member Posts: 42
    Options

yes it is the direct vent kit with carlin burner
  • Joe@buderus
    Joe@buderus Member Posts: 165
    Options

The damper we send goes on the fresh air intake piping - DO NOT INSTALL ON THE EXHAUST! We suggest mounting it close to the burner. Because this is not a positve shut off it will draw in a little air from the basement. This helps warm the incoming air especially during the cold winter months.

The exhaust is reduced to four inch at the breech of the boiler. The maximum running length of the exhaust pipe is ten running feet (elbows count as two feet). The fresh air intake and exhaust must be on the same wall. Any questions give us a call at Buderus - 1-800-283-3787.
  • EJW
    EJW Member Posts: 321
    Options
    joe@Buderus

Man its cool having a Buderus guy here! EJW
This discussion has been closed.