Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Know the temp. in my tenants apt remotely. I live on the 1st fl.

Options
dalton
dalton Member Posts: 25
How can i tell the temp.in my tenants 2nd fl apt without having to go up there.What device can i install to let me know?

Comments

• dalton
    Options
    Bleeding hot water system

I have hydronic heating in my home.Do i have to bleed the system? Why? This is a close loop system. Any other maintenance i need to do before the heating season.
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Options

How about a clock with a wireless temperature sensor? Or just a wireless thermometer?
  • Jay_12
    Jay_12 Member Posts: 46
    Options
    tekmar 509 thermostat and 076 indoor sensor

A tekmar 509 thermostat allows you to install remote sensors to simply view the current temperature in another room. The sensor that you would mount in the other room would be a 076 indoor sensor. The thermostat requires 4 wires plus 2 more for the remote sensor. Please check our website or contact me for more information.

Jay www.tekmarcontrols.com 1-250-545-7749
  • Al Letellier
    Al Letellier Member Posts: 781
    Options
    tenant room temp

Any good programable Tstat that can be install with a remote sensor will work. Put the stat where only you can get to it and control the heat yourself. It will always display the room temp.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Brent_2
    Brent_2 Member Posts: 81
    Options
    honeywell

I am assuming you only want to view the tenant's room temperature and you don't want to control the tenant's temperature. You can use a T8600 to control your apartment and connect a remote stat to the outside air terminals. It will show up as outside air temp but that shouldn't matter. You will have to run a wire from your stat to the tenant's apartment and install a sensor on his wall.

bc
  • dalton
    Options
    Heating

Thanks Mike, i like that idea.My tenant complains in the winter that she's cold, but when i go up its hot up there. I just want to be able to tell the temp in her apt.without having to go up there.
This discussion has been closed.