Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Covered patio heating

Empire_2
Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
I believe that you should consult contractors in your area that can properly control this environment (Patio). Condensation on the windows may be a factor espically during cooler nights.

Comments

• Tom_35
    Tom_35 Member Posts: 265
    Covered patio heating

I need some help in finding some type of ceiling-mounted space heaters for a covered patio. The ceiling height is 9'6" and the architect doesn't want any type of heater that is mounted on a "lamp post"---like the decorative post with infrared heat. The patio is open on 3 sides and is attached to a pool house.

I haven't found an infrared heater that will have the proper top clearance yet. The architect says that if we can't find a gas-burning heater that will work that we will need to go with electric.

This is not an area that will be used a lot, so something like radinat floor doesn't seem to be an answer.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Atchley
    Ft. Smith, AR

• Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Why not consider

hydronic based radiant ceilings? Check Wirsbo for details.

ME

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • DaveGateway
    DaveGateway Member Posts: 568
    Low intensity gas radiant tube heater

is probably what you want. A few smaller models can be mounted at a 8ft min with 6" clearance to the ceiling.
    Checkout www.detroitradiant.com
  • Chris_32
    Chris_32 Member Posts: 19
    Sterling

How about something fast acting with high output like a Sterling panel for the overhead?

Chris
  • John L.
    John L. Member Posts: 13
    Space-ray

Spaceray has a Cold Blocker model.
    www.spaceray.com
This discussion has been closed.