Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Beckett NX

Options
psd_3
psd_3 Member Posts: 86
Does anyone have any experience with the new Beckett NX burner for use on a Buderus G115, or perhaps on other boilers? Can't find much info about this burner and was wondering if it is a reasonable alternative to the Beckett AFG or even the Riello 40-F5?

Comments

• Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Sid, A couple things you can do my friend. One is you can go to the Beckett web site R. W. Beckett where there is an educational/technical streaming video on the NX burner and/or you can also call there tech support line in the AM 1 800 OIL BURN that's (800) 645-2876

If I can be of any further help don't hesitate to contact me. I work very closely with Beckett as a technical consultant. I'm going to hit the sack now but I'll be back at it early tomorrow.

your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

OilTechTalk.COM

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Glenn Harrison_2
    Glenn Harrison_2 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    Here's a couple of quick links on the NX

First, here is a link to the NX Instruction Manual. It is a .pdf file so you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open it.

http://www.beckettcorp.com/protect/techsuppt/product-manuals/6104BNX R0204.pdf

Also, here's the link to the sign-up page for the streaming video Alan was talking about.

http://training.rwbeckett.com/

Hope this helps.
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    Options
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Options

Kevin, Just a few things that come to mind. Take not e of where the combustion air is drawn from it's not as close to floor any more and it's above the fuel pump. With the unique design of Beckett's blast tube the air adjustment is made by adjusting the position of the tray assembly. The burner also has a higher static pressure than the conventional burner.

Check out the streaming video at the Beckett web site I think you'll be pleased with this burner. And just wait the NX/LE will be here before you know it :) Lots of great things happening at R. W. Beckett and Yes, Oil Tech Talk is proud to be working so closely with them!

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com

• psd_3
    psd_3 Member Posts: 86
    Options
    Beckett NX

Alan,

How many NX's are out there? Any used on the Buderus G115 yet? Beckett claims NX OEM status for Buderus, however Buderus does not list them in their approved burner chart (just the AFG from Beckett). Most installers are pushing Riello as the only real alternative for Buderus, however Riello has had issues. It would be nice to have a strong alternative burner for these boilers, and the NX seems to be targeting this space. Is there any proof that the NX will perform well in these applications based on actual field usage/experience?
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Options

Sid, I honestly couldn't tell you how many are already out there? I'm sure it's not a large number yet as this burner is currently only available as an OEM application.

Hopefully someone from buderus can jump in here. But my guess would be it won't be long before that information shows up on the buderus chart as an approved burner. It is currently listed in the new 2004 Beckett spec guide. when the buderus boiler shows up at our local wholesaler here in North Central, PA (Bloomsburg, PA) they are arriving with the New NX, blue cover an all.

In fact you'll notice on my web site I just posted a thank you to Buderus and Beckett for donating a boiler and nx burner to my training center both boiler and burner are being shipped directly from Buderus.

I know there are other major boiler manufacturers going on line wit this burner and some are still being tested in the lab I'm not at liberty to state names at this time (sorry) Biasi however is another boiler that has made it public knowledge they are now using the NX burner.

It is my understanding a few of these were tested in the field for a year or better (real life conditions) so far, so good. the ones that have been sold from the local wholesaler have only been operational for a few months I have not heard any negative reports from them and I work very closely with there technical designer.

your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com

This discussion has been closed.