Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

honeywell v8043 zone valve

Options
Anyone had the pleasure wiring one of these up? What a pain in the crack.

Comments

• J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Especially when they're

15 ft. in the air.(I don't bounce like I used to!) Chris
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Options
    They wire up as follows...

the red wires (2) connect the end switch to the panel,circ relay or whatever they are connected to. The yellow wires (2) are the 24Volt power circuit. The V8043E1012 has leads attatched, but there are other models, V8043F1036, with just the screw terminal blocks, you provide the wire.

How could we change them to make them easier for you to install?
  • K&M
    K&M Member Posts: 3
    Options
    V8043E and V80403F

Maybe this drawing will help .
    the remaining two wires from all the reds goes to whatever control (TT) you are using .ie 845 832 all the 81 series etc.

By the way black wires should have been yellow !

Click on attachment for wiring of V8043E
  • Glenn Harrison_2
    Glenn Harrison_2 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, John...

What zone valves do you like?

I have wired hundreds of Honeywell zone valves, and love them. I think the four wires makes it easy in any situation.
  • John Luebbers_2
    John Luebbers_2 Member Posts: 17
    Options

Well it turns out there's an option to get the valve motor whith wires factory attached, which would be very easy, the call I was on had the terminal block valve controller, kind of tough to land all the wires on this baby, especially when valve is behind boiler, tight to wall, slightly over head, also found valves sweated into boiler discharge piping, honeywell recomends putting them in the zone return line, cooler temps, easier on valve. All in all not a bad valve, just don't like the terminal block style.
  • John Luebbers_2
    John Luebbers_2 Member Posts: 17
    Options

Not quite sure yet, a little more time in the field, I just started in this buisness no to long ago.
  • tommyoil
    tommyoil Member Posts: 613
    Options
    Bill!@ Honeywell

You cant do anything to make it easier unless you send a factory rep to wire them for you. I taught my 14 year old son to do them. As a matter of fact he just wired a 3 zone system in Saturday(8043 zone valves only)at his Grandmothers house. Its the first time he has done it without asking for help. It took him 2 1/2 hours but without a word from me he did it. Made a scouting project out of it. Talk about a proud Papa.I had to neaten thing up a bit presentation wise,(which he heard about) but technically he did. Now I gotta get him to keep the wires neat(right after I get him to keep his room neat). I can see Honeywells next advertising pitch now "so easy a child can do it". BTW Bill, does Honeywell make a control that will get junior to automatically keep his room neat? So far, the only control I've found to work is a manual control. Its made by Timberline. Its called the size 12 to the posterior control panel. Ever heard of it? Could use something automatic though. Sounds like a project for research and development.
  • Randy Tibbits
    Randy Tibbits Member Posts: 91
    Options
    terminal blocks

Can be a pain in tight places. Wire some leads on the terminals. then wire them like a wire lead valve. I wire tie my endswitch wires together and then wiretie my motor wires together. It makes it easier to troubleshoot at a later date.
This discussion has been closed.