Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

delay oil valve

jaybee
jaybee Member Posts: 128
I have 2 seperate ?,s. 1. How do u know if an oil delay valve is bad? 2. Let's say u had a water leak at a t on the supply comeing out of the boiler.Now i know i must take the pressure of the boiler,but how do i no if it is drained down below the point at which is leaking so that i could repair it?

Comments

• Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    ? #1. The oil valve

can be checked simply by removing it from the valve and energizing it with a screwdriver in the stem hole. If the screwdriver doesn't fall out it's okay. The more accurate way is to ohm it out with a meter and the OEM's values.

? #2. I would recommend either 'pulling a vacuum' or draining until empty.
  • jaybee
    delay oil valve

ohm it out, how many ohms should it read? Im sorry im new at this .
  • Biged
    Biged Member Posts: 117
    oil valve

To check the oil valve use a ohms meter and check across both wires it should read between 350ohms and 550ohms if it is good.
  • Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    Depends on the manufacturer

and whether it is a stand-alone valve or part of a by-pass pump. Beckett, Carlin, Honeywell, Riello and others will provide the info.

Keep in mind that many 'coils' have two windings inside ala Riello and the readings are VERY different from starting coil to run coil.

One good piece of news is that a open coil or a shorted coil is NG.
  • jaybee

Thnaks guys!!!
  • jaybee
    delayed oil valve

I took an oil valve out nthe box and placed my leads on the two wires the reading i got was 7.74k ohms.the oil vave type is v4046A 1074 300 psi.Is this reading correct?
  • mess
    mess Member Posts: 1
    oil burner junkie

installed new honeywell v4046a 1074 oil delay valve on my beckett afg burner because the nozzle has an after drip. now I see oil leaking from around the nut assembly on the valve. Any ideas?
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    very old post

How did you install it? Pics will help
This discussion has been closed.