Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

CO testers...

Options
MikeR_3
MikeR_3 Member Posts: 43
I was going to add this to the post below, but I didn't want it to get lost at the end of a long thread. My company has looked into digital analyzers, but is not going to bite anytime soon. I would love to purchase one myself, but I would be responsible for the cost of maintaining it as well as the initial cost, and that is not feasible right now, so my question is this... can anyone recommend or give me info on stand-alone CO testing equipment that would support my existing Bacharach wet-kit?

Comments

• Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Mike, you may want to take a look at the Monoxor 11 from Bacharach. There are also other brands out there that may also serve you well.

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    Options
    I've sent a lot of students here:

http://www.professionalequipment.com/xq/ASP/carbon_monoxide_gas_detectors/id.7/subID.87/qx/default.htm

It's a great way to go 'feet wet' and get a feel for where you want to go and how much to spend. Don't forget Testo who is about the only one's not on the site.
  • Glenn Harrison_2
    Glenn Harrison_2 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    I'll second Alan with the Monoxor II

I've had one for 10 years, still has the original sensor :O Actually, you can't go wrong with anything from Bacharach, IMO. Check out the Monoxoxr III also.

Another company I would suggest is www.aimsafety.com. We use there 450 mini series CO detector/alarms for safety. Has a digital display, and an alarm that goes off at 35 ppm. You can get an optional hand pump kit for taking CO readings on equipment.

Testo is O.K., but I have one of their combustion analyzers, and I have had to put quite a bit of money into a 3 year old instrument.
  • Jim Davis_3
    Jim Davis_3 Member Posts: 578
    Options
    CO Testers

The Monoxor II is the cadillac of CO testers but it costs almost $500 and a whole analyzer is only a couple of hundred more. The Monoxor III is a little less but it has printer capability. Do not recommend Professional Equipment as a vendor. They cater to Home Inspectors, mark up their prices higher than most and don't know anything about what they are selling. Check with Alan, Rudy or myself if you want to make the right decision.
  • Kal Row
    Kal Row Member Posts: 1,520
    Options
    have any of you played with the multi-gas units??

like the RKI GX-2001 - if i am getting co - i think i would want more info about what was going on with the combustion, it it really too rich, too cold, too turbulent, too seperated, etc - and i would think that a multi gas unit would be more helfull for diagnosis
  • Firedragon_4
    Options
    Compare, compare compare!

There are others equal to or better.

As JD said just use www.professionalequipment.com for comparison, high on price and you can do better. I was turned on to them by my Home Inspector students in ASHI, but it's just for comparison and education and I've found a lot of deals on e-bay and the Internet in general.

BTW, although it's just coming out the new Testo 371 is very nice, reasonably priced and full of features.
  • MikeR_3
    MikeR_3 Member Posts: 43
    Options
    Thanks all...

for the info. (Although not very encouraging as far as getting out of it cheaply) I think my money would be better spent on a complete analyzer. If I am going to spend 300 dollars or more for a decent CO analyzer, then why not bite the bullet and get the full package, right? Just wondering, are there any EMPLOYED techs out there that pay for this out of their own pocket?
  • Firedragon_4
    Options
    Watch for that Testo 371 MikeR,

it's going to sell for under $200.00, FACT!
  • Now that's a good price

Maybe we can get a group discount . When is this one going to hit the market ?
  • Firedragon_4
    Options
    Just got literature over the weekend,

been told very soon! They claim it will blow away the market, we'll see!
This discussion has been closed.