Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ethics

Options
ernie_3
ernie_3 Member Posts: 191
A while ago I posted about a local oil co. who mal adjusts
oil burners to sell more oil. Some wallies jumped all over me. Hey, fine. Ethics or lack thereof is not exclusive to any one field. (I know an honest auto dealer, since everyone seems to pick on used car dealers). Ethics are the internal moral compass we all carry whereever we go.
Some follow them, some ignore them. Let's face it, how we handle ourselves define who we are. When I posted about the unethical oil co, I was not casting aspersions on the whole industry. This business has served me well.

Comments

• J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Ernie,

A consience is a terrible thing to waste. I live by the golden rule, "Treat others the way YOU like to be teated". Its not let me down yet, so I'll stick with it. BTW, I know a nice AND ethical LAWYER! Chris
  • Tony_8
    Tony_8 Member Posts: 608
    Options
    The bad 2 %

make the other 98% look bad in a lot of professions.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    Not sure

Ernie I don't remember the post specific although I do recall something being said. As is the case in ANY buisness you will alway's run into the dishonest. And they will for the right money alway's find someone to work with them. It is a sad fact, NH went through this with an oil company that offered the best deal possible but didn't have the oil to deliver. When winter struck we had retired folk's who couldn't heat there houses. It was with pride that a large group of oil companies stepped up to the plate and took those acct's on and kept people from freezing to death. It in my opinion just went to show there are alway's people willing to do the right thing's....This industry has grown to the point that those folk's are few and far between and will not survive long and the rest of us who work in it can carry on with pride!! :) And you sir sound like a man who work's with pride!!!
  • ernie_3
    ernie_3 Member Posts: 191
    Options
    Thank you lchmb

Don't want to sound like I'm on a high horse. I'm just a regular Joe, making my living. I get so ticked when competitive contractors gouge. People very rarely take trust into consideration when signing a deal. Can't understand that because I've walked away from some big $ jobs because my gut told me to. Trist is huge. My litmus test is (when I'm in front of a HO), were this fella in my house, would I offer him a beer? If No then seeya. Seems too simple but everytime I've gon against my gut I've been
    burned. That goes for personally too.
  • lchmb
    Options
    if it helps any

I just recently walked away from a company I was working for because I would not do thing's half-a--ed. Sometime's it's hard, I took a big shot in the wallet to do it but have no problem looking in the mirror!! As to the beer, nice idea, stop into NH some day and I will be happy to buy you one!...:)
  • EJW
    EJW Member Posts: 321
    Options
    New Hampshire

Where are you in NH? I'm just north of Keene.
  • lchmb
    Options
    Hey

I am in Bristol. Leave's are turning already....Hope your ready!!
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    Options

I am just south of Keene in MA.

Leo
  • EJW
    Options
    Ready

Of course I'm ready for deer season!!
  • EJW
    Options
    I'm sorry

• lchmb
    Options
    two stand's up

Rifle is sighted in. Stand's are up..ME TOO!!!
This discussion has been closed.