Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

newest project

Options
lchmb
lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
started this earlier this week Will have a total of 9 circ's and 7 zone valves. Also had to move the oil tank into the room. Have to add in two additional zones of baseboard and find all the t-stats..

Comments

• Wow

Looks outstanding . With multizone jobs like this , have you looked into the premade manifolds ? What burners are you using ? Beautiful work 1chmb .
  • lchmb
    Options
    from you

That is a big compliment! Specially from someone who does as many install's as you Thank's Ron, will be using the carlin burner's. As to the premade manifold's...order was, oops, lost. I ended up having to make all the nipples on a threader. Made it kind of slow, on top of having a rookie helping who doesn't even have a torch..:) Should have it done middle of next week (I hope)..
  • tommyoil
    tommyoil Member Posts: 613
    Options
    In awe !!

OUTSTANDING !!!!! I see you know how to use a level. I love your work. I would love to be part of a challenging project like this. All residential all the time has its moments, but not quite the same as something like this. What are you heating here? Could you give a little more detail?
  • lchmb
    Options
    sure

I just returned to this company. That boiler is actually being installed in the main office of the oil company. My boss and the salesman said they wanted it perfect, take your time. The building is a concrete building, two stories with as you can tell multiple zone's. The load on the building called for roughly 340,000 BTU. There will be 2 zone valves in the boiler room and 5 located outside. The intentions are to use the Taco pc702 control system to stage the boiler's and taco 400and 500 series box's to run everything else...I should have a pic of the old monster that came out on Monday I will post it if I can get it. Oh yea that was the additional challenge, I did not remove the old system and had to track most of the piping and wires...
  • Mike Kraft_2
    Mike Kraft_2 Member Posts: 398
    Options
    Take a bow!

Beatiful work!How much time invested?What burner you using.Fresh air in?Very sharp!

cheese
  • lchmb
    Options
    almost a week

It has taken far to long, in between laying out new baseboard and lost order's, company meeting's and everything else. Hoping to have all the piping and indirect done Monday, then a day or two to rewire the entire system to include new power line's and relocating the emergency switch. No need for makeup air, the door is outside and louvered..As to the burner, honestly haven't even opened the box's yet, just know they are Carlin's but I'll let you know...
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,113
    Options
    niceeeeeee

Nice job everything looks great nise and neat .I also love tracking everything it's awesome when a 1000 other things need to be done job looks great bosses must be mighty happy to be the owners of a excellent install like that love it peace clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • lchmb
    Options
    thanks clammy

yea so far the boss is extremely happy. Of course will have to wait till it's done and he see's the cost but..:) It's what he wanted..
  • lchmb
    Options
    the old boiler

Finally recieved a pic of what was here before...
This discussion has been closed.