Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Problematic Residential Boiler Controls

Options
I'm puzzling over problems with the Erie Boiler Boss 2400. I've replaced 3 on the same job! Every time the priority circuit which controls the hot water maker has failed. The unit works perfectly for a month or two, then when the circut fails, hot water can only be produced by pushing reset. I've checked to voltage and the ground. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Rick

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    amperage?

perhaps theres more Draw for some reason... Erie is a good product.
  • Glenn Harrison_2
    Glenn Harrison_2 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    My guess is,

the Boiler Boss is setup with the Priority plus enabled, which means that if the Indirect calls for HW for more than an hour straight, the panel will lockout the Indirect, to allow the other zones to heat. Once this happens, the only way to get the Indirect going is to hit the reset, or recycle the power to the Boiler Boss.

So, either the supply from the boiler to the Indirect is not allowing the indirect to reheat fast enough under high demand, or something is not allowing the Indirect to heat occasionally, causing the lockout.

You can set the priority plus in bypass, which allows the priority to call indefinately till satisfied. This however may be a bandaid to another problem.

Any other questions, contact fellow Wallie Art Pittaway, who works for Invensys, the parent company of Erie, at art.pittaway@invensys.com
This discussion has been closed.