Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buffer Tank

Options
S Davis
S Davis Member Posts: 491
Anyone know of a good buffer tank? what I am looking for is a buffer for a radiant floor system that has a coil for future solar heating, It will need to have 1-1/4" taps for the tank.

Thanks

S Davis

Apex Radiant Heating

Comments

• Paul Rohrs
    Paul Rohrs Member Posts: 357
    Options
    You bet

I stock and sell the Laars BT20. It is the only Laars product I stock, but it is everything you need in a buffer tank. 1-12" tappings (x3) 34 well for stat of your choosing. Very well insulated, and a sell price around the $400.00 mark. I package them with all of my water to water geo-thermal jobs, as well as jobs with multiple micro-zones.

Regards,

PR

Re-read you post, sorry, this does not have an internal coil.
  • DaveGateway
    DaveGateway Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Best selection

of large tappings and different heat exchanger surface sizes and gallon sizes are available from EverHot.
    www.tfi-everhot.com
    All copper construction so they might be pricey. Thermo2000 up in Canada also has the Turbomax www.thermo2000.com

Other inverse indirects with standard steel tanks and copper HX coils could be used but they are usually fixes size 20 gal if that's enough of a buffer size for you.
    Dunkirk has the Artesian in 20 and 26 gal. Laars also has the 20 gal Duraflow. Both have 1.25 tappings and the HX would be limited to 3/4". piping.
This discussion has been closed.