Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cast iron convector manufacturer

Options
Luis
Luis Member Posts: 20
Hello all,

I have a cast iron convector/radiant radiator similar to the one currently sold by Burnham Hydronics (attached picture) except that instead of the top openings with half-circle ends and three horizontal slits, it has rectangular top openings with five horizontal slits. The sections measure 2-1/4" wide and 20" high, just like the Burnham unit.

I am trying to find out the manufacturer so that I could replace a cracked end section (2" hair crack on the underside of the 1-1/4" threaded hub). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would also appreciate any recommendation on repair as I have located a specialized cast iron welder.

Thank you.

Comments

• bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    Options

TRY Govanale --bklyn,n.y.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Luis

I am familiar with the radiator you are describing, but I can't remember who made it. I am currently in Maine and will not be back to my office until Friday. I will look it up then and get back to you with the original manufacturer's name. This, however is not going to get you an exact replacement though since they have long been out of business. The Governale Radiators are the same as the Burnhams since Governale is a division of Burnham Holdings. Both brands are available in preassembled increments of even numbered sections (6,8,10, etc.) Hope this helps.

Glenn Stanton

Burnham Hydronics
  • Ken_8
    Ken_8 Member Posts: 1,640
    Options
    Believe it or not...

That form of rad is commonly known as a Sun-Rad. I believe it was first cast and distributed by American Standard.

They are still popular enough for our local supply house to stock almost all sizes. I have no clue who makes them now but assume the Governale brand mentioned above does.

I wouldn't try and fix it. I'd just replace it. They only cost a buck 'n a half or so.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.