Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Best $ ever spent!

Options
Jamie_6
Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710
I can not begin to tell you how much I love our Propress! Would you ever imagine joining a 3" fitting and pipe in 8 seconds?

Jamie

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=289&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
  • Mike Kraft_2
    Mike Kraft_2 Member Posts: 398
    Options
    No leaks,.....yet?

How long have these fittings been available.I am aware that the European market has (Viega) had them prior to US approval.I reckognize the speed and the various benefits with repair work.But I have also been in bathrooms,basements etc. and have had to replace bad O-rings.I also realize nothing lasts forever.Although the manufacturers of new distribution materials would tell us different.

As with other appliances,tools,pipe and fittings I will watch you guys test them:).......That hind sight thing again.

cheese
  • Pidg
    Pidg Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Propress & Oxygen Diffusion Data?

Siggy's book (p104) says DIN 4726 allows a maximum oxygen diffusion rate of 0.1 milligrams per liter of tubing water content per day.

Anyone know of any reliable data for the amount of oxygen diffusion through Propress fittings? Would a panel made up of propress fittings easily comply with the maximum of 0.1 mg/liter of tubing water content per day?

Bill Pidgeon
  • DaveGateway
    DaveGateway Member Posts: 568
    Options

I'm interested in the answer to Bill's question about oxygen diffusion. I'm on the line about getting the Pro-press and this is one question that I also had.
  • Mellow_2
    Mellow_2 Member Posts: 204
    Options
    Had one 1/2\" fitting

hold for three months without crimping it. 40 psi on the line. lucky it wasn't a big mess. I have to try not to miss anymore,it is very easy to do.........The fitting do work realy well but if the copper is thining out from time they can leak. I still would not go back to sweating.
This discussion has been closed.