Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Air Filter Storage

Options
Bill_14
Bill_14 Member Posts: 345
Does anyone have any good ideas for storing throw-away air filters in a work van without destroying them? These things are always in the way, but needed. They are always getting tangled up and damaged unless they are boxed.

Thanks.
Bill

Comments

• Alan R. Mercurio
    Alan R. Mercurio Member Posts: 588
    Options

Bill, boxing them is the key. I use to keep a box for 25x25 Air filters filled with a selection from 25x25 down to 10x20

Keeping them in the box keeps them cleaner and in better shape.

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

Her;s what I do. If you have a ford or Chevy van with full shelving, do this. First you need you 4 foot ladder. By the way, its a must have. Place the bottom of the ladder on the top shelf behing the drivers' seat. Then use a bungie to hang the ladder to the roof of the van. The top of you ladder is near your side door. Now place your filters on top of the ladder. Done deal.
  • Deb McCarthy
    Deb McCarthy Member Posts: 4
    Options
    air filter storage

I store 6 or so to the top inside roof of my van , secured with 4 stretch cords, a couple more behind the passenger seat and 2 or 3 between the side wall and the shelves of the van.
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options
    That's a good idea! Up and out of the way of harm!

NM
  • Ted_9
    Options

Ive tried just using the bungie, but they always seemed to get messed up.
  • Bill_14
    Options
    Filter Mess?

Ted,

So when you need your ladder, do all of your filters come tumbling down?

Bill
  • Ted_9
    Options

No since I take them down first. Trust me though, the filters stay in good shape and you dont have a box that takes up floor space.
  • Bill_14
    Options
    Okay, I'll try your idea.

The box is for sure the best idea, but you would need to deal with that box or boxes all day long.

I was thinking about making sheetmetal enclosures about 4" high x 48" wide x 26" deep and fasten them to the top of the vans with a hinged door on the end to store filters.

The ladder idea would be less expensive and won't hurt so much when you hit your head!!
  • Ken D.
    Ken D. Member Posts: 836
    Options
    Filters

I got a friend in the metal shop to make me a box that I attached to the ceiling of the truck. Fiters go inside and a bungee across the opening keeps them inside. Works for me.
This discussion has been closed.