Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Love/Hate Munchkin

Options
I really do love these boilers, but like I told Cheese over the phone yesterday when he called me, they've got some quality control problems and you've got to meet the challenge to troubleshoot them to get them to work properly.

Most of you remember the screw-though-the-pressure-switch problem; then there was the leaking-condensate-trap-problem. We just installed a T80 and the darned thing would fire; we found that two of the four screws holding the gas valve to the burner were gone, allowing too much air into the burner assembly, preventing ignition.

Seems that they didn't tap the burner far enough and the screws fell out during shipping.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=53&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Bench testing??

Alan, you mean to tell me the units aren't bench-fired under load before shipping?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    Three threads

may get you past bench testing, but it guaranteed to fail on the back of a semi.

Any wise words from the Munchkin Man?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Chuck Shaw_2
    Chuck Shaw_2 Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Dungs Valve

Alan,

We do test fire every Munchkin that goes out of the factory.

When the Dungs Valve was first installed on these units, we thought we did every kind of test we could, we simply underestimated the abilitys of truck drivers and shipping companies.

Originally the valve and plate were held onto the blower motor with a self tapping screw (tapered). This has since been changed, we now tap the threads on the blower and install a straight screw to secure the valve and plates. The bottom line is with the self tapping screw, we had 2-3 full threads holding in the blower, we now have 6-7 full threads, and are awaiting the next generation of delivery drivers.

If you have questions, please give me a call, we here at Tech Support are always happy to help.

1-800-323-9651 ext 125

Chuck Shaw
    Technical Support Department
    Heat Transfer Products
  • Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    Dungs Valve

Thanks for the explanation, Chuck. I can't tell you how much it means to me to have the manufacturer respond to problems we have in the field. I wish more of them would hang out here.

Alan Forbes

• Scott Denny
    Scott Denny Member Posts: 124
    Options

Amen to that, Alan!
  • munchkin-man
    munchkin-man Member Posts: 247
    Options
    As all of you have seen from the passed Heat Transfer

and the products we build undergo ridgid testing before they leave the building to insure a high quality product.

We understand the beating equipment can go through durring shipping and have developed guidlines to incorporate it in to the design criteria to test for this when a product is designed. How ever we can not control how carriers handel our produts under certain circunstances, but if continued damage takes place we simply find a better source.

We stand behind our products and take care of any problems should they arrive. We understand how important this is to our customer base, our customer base is the back bone of our business.

Thank you all for your understanding on issues like this and we allways welcome your input, suggestions, and repoted opps from the field. Thanks again Jeff Cook Munchkin Man
This discussion has been closed.