Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hot Water Dryers?

Options
Eb Barth
Eb Barth Member Posts: 7
I just installed a woodchip district heating system and the customers are asking about drying clothes with the "free heat" I found that American Dryer makes a "hydro-dry" commercial clothes dryer which heats through a hot water coil. Anyone ever come across anything like this and do they work? Thanks- Eb

Comments

• Kal Row
    Kal Row Member Posts: 1,520
    Options
    i like the one peice washer/drier

from the Chinese Haier corp, which uses a small compressor, to heat the air with the condenser and dehumidify the recirculation air after is passes the clothes, the condensed and lint filled water is then pumped out with the washer's reg waste water pump -i love the idea of not having to move the clothes until it's done
  • Dan Peel
    Dan Peel Member Posts: 431
    Options
    Dryers

If you are working with a steam system then yes clothes dryers are a practical add on. With hot water systems you just can't get enough temperature differential to effectively dry clothes. They will eventually dry but expect to run the tumbler for at least twice the conventional time. Enjoy....Dan

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.