Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant Heat Setup ?

Options
Chris Bailey
Chris Bailey Member Posts: 1
I am building a new house for myself. I am a plumber with no radiant heating experience. i want to install radiant heat in the house. Tile floors on the fist floor, carpet and harwood floors on 2nd floor, basement ? . What would be a reliable and trouble free system ? Setup, Piping Type ?

Comments

• Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    If I were

building a new house, I'd use Warmboard as the subfloor (grooved to accept PEX tubing) along with a Munchkin boiler with a Vision I outdoor reset control or a Viessmann Vitodens boiler.

The PEX tubing and manifolds would be Rehau.

Piping? Contrary to my east coast friends, I'd pipe one big loop around the house with either zone valves or manifold actuators at the manifolds.

But that's just me.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Unknown
    Options
    make sure

-Your rooms are isolated on their own loops, whatever method you use to install tubing

-I would favor primary/secondary with variable speed injection, indoor/outdoor feedback for best efficiency and hardwood floor protection and not too much increase in system cost. The controllers that do this have been in use for years and are quite reliable.

Just a couple of thoughts. There are thousands of others :D

Northeast Radiant Technology, LLC

Robert Brown, Co-Owner, RPA certified Radiant Designer

NRT@maine.rr.com
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    I think it might depend on where you live......

where you live and where you have the house orientated have a little something to do with the whole deal...i am Happy with the idea that Insulation is the key no matter hot or cold wet or dry supreme solar gain or blocked into a hill. high or low ceilings lots a glass or little insulations a wonderful thing.:) were you here it would open your eyes to the value of insulation over the best viessmann:) then the next idea i'd have for you would be is there a way to minimize your dependence on fossile fules? some places need little more than solar heating witha geo source in the picture. now for comfort stuff like uninterupted power supply helps let you work without worry that the place will freeze up while your at work,so far i have only been able to help with the peace of mind type comfort...and a bit with your financial comfort.. unless you have a need for boiler type heat how can i help? what you might look into is the construction of your new home out of cement and foam blocks...super insulate it one time:) say you built a house out of sticks well howda i know what ta tell you? maybe that sounds like a cop out to you...it isnt. its as simple as what kind of framer are you? or what type of allowances have you made for windows and door lights ceiling heigths and a host of other minor technicalities... i think this is a new kinda comfort i am working on with you right now ...i am no good at this computer stuff just yet so i cant even draw you a picture.:( well, hmmm.... maybe you can get some accurate information and combined with these generalities you pick up here you can make a choise ....accurate information is important just to get in the Ball Park ...yes i have done a couple of ball parks:) one stadium :)oops i digress...here is an idea that i would like to see in a home down south an indoor atrium .not one inside the dead air space in a home an actual place in your home where you can grow some veggies and a coupla small bushes and some flowers justa look at and enjoy all year round. see how can i say what is the best piping arrangement for you?
This discussion has been closed.