Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

outside boiler

Options
john_27
john_27 Member Posts: 195
Has anyone any experience or suggestions on the best make of outdoor boiler?I am looking at one, say 230k, for a greenhouse...John

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    Why not pipe to it? ... from a dedicated space.... with key

• Tony_8
    Tony_8 Member Posts: 608
    Options
    take a look at

Hardy. Wood, Coal combo. Compact, efficient, clean appearance.
  • DaveGateway
    DaveGateway Member Posts: 568
    Options
    What Fuel?

A few makers like Energy Kinetics and Dunkirk make a stainless steel housing for some of their models. With the loss of efficency, I would try to keep the unit in conditioned space. A direct vent model would keep combustion and exhaust gases outside the greenhouse space if that where a concern.
  • john_27
    john_27 Member Posts: 195
    Options
    outside Boiler-Greenhouse

fuel is natural gas....what I am trying to do is replace a Weil boiler which was in a room 4 feet below grade in the greenhouse because it was a top down gravity fed greenhouse. It is , of course, tough to work in because it is below grade, and hence the thought of an outside boiler. I do like the idea of a direct vent, for efficiency reason.I'm not sure about the idea of outdoor reset,n although efficiencies should help here as well. The greenhouse was built in 1916, and is 25 by 45...John
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    was there any chance of getting a small box built for it?

I think there are alot of hydronic solutions to green houses from what i have heard... i know that you could find a 5X5 box for a boiler and header :)
This discussion has been closed.