Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

103 degrees at 150 gpm

Options
Dave Stroman
Dave Stroman Member Posts: 765
Just spent a nice 4 day weekend in Steamboat Springs, CO. Downtown they have a rec. center with a series of 2 hot tubs and 3 swimming pools. A hot spring comes right out of the floor on the first hot tub. 103* water at 150 gallons per minute. The water flows into the next hot tub and then into the 3 pools, one after the other. The last lap pool is 85*. From there it dumps into the Yampa river. But wait, there is more...

There is another hot springs we also checked out. It is called Strawberry park. Much more of a rustic setting. Stone pools with sand bottoms. The hot water runs down the mountain and into the first pool. I am guessing the temp. to be about 140*. They needed a tempering valve! So they mix the hot water with water from the river. They just open a head gate 'til the temp. feels about right. This river water was not too much about freezing having been ice not too long before. Some people actually jumped in the river before settling into the warm pools.

Next came the chair massage for $1 per minute.

Dave in Denver

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    AHHHhhhh, Strawbeery Park...

I was there once back in the 70's, prior to the commercialization you see there now. It was a GREAT place for all the local hippies to hang out nude, sunning their buns, and smoking who knows what, drinking who cares what. I of course, was an outside observer, as I remember...

Anyway, people were cooking eggs in the hottest springs on the hill side while people were cooking in the bigger pools. Suddenly, a station wagon with a bunch of smallish kids and their parents pulled up and their eyes were as big as saucers. Mom was doing here best to push the kids down so they couldn't take in the sights, and dad was obviously dumb struck. She finally hit him hard enough to get him to leave. About an hour later, way off in the distance you could hear a siren. About 30 minutes later, the local gendarm pulled up, (everyone was dressed by then)gets out of his car, stands there looking at all these innocent people and says "I don't see no nude bathin' hippies..." Turns around, gets back in his car and drives off. The place busts out in laughter.

Ah, the good ol' days.

So, Dave, did you wear clothes??:-)

ME

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman Member Posts: 765
    Options

Of course we wore clothes. I was with my mother! The place is very commercialized. It costs $10 bucks a head. A hotter pool than the one downtown. Interesting place. My brother has a jewlery store up on the ski mountain. I did the plumbing and heating in his house about 10 years ago.

Dave in Denver

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.