Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The food wasn't that great either

Options
Carl PE_2
Carl PE_2 Member Posts: 42
Saw this at a restaurant while roadtripping a few weeks ago.

The rooftop on the sidewalk with insulation-board plenums and "surface mount" exterior duct is probably amusing enough on it's own. The "awning" was built later, over the duct. Unfortunately, it's now sagging and supported by the duct.

The real treat here is the gas piping. It runs along the side of the building, under the kitchen door(no tread plate), then just sort of lays in the dirt in back. It goes THROUGH the base of the rtu and up the wall, where it's supported with a thermocouple twist-tie.

The roll copper then runs above the ceiling somewhere.

I suspect that the cook did the piping on his break.

I was told that the plumbing in the ladies room was pretty unique also, but I couldn't get back in to take more pictures.

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    Rare Find! :)

an ample supply of duct tape Too! Wow! clearly That was too good to have been an individual effort :)
  • ernie_3
    ernie_3 Member Posts: 191
    Options
    shoddy work

You get the feeling that in between tokes of weed they were doing the 'layout'?
  • jerryb
    jerryb Member Posts: 113
    Options
    gas pipe???

Is that a reducer bushing at the TEE?? if i'm not mistaken thats a BBIGG NONO!!
  • Carl PE
    Carl PE Member Posts: 203
    Options

The bushing in the tee is the least of their problems.

After staring at the pictures, I'm wondering why they put the window a/c on the second floor. Seems like they could have just tapped into the trunk again and ducted some air up there.

Perhaps add another awning...

Those bird nests just crack me up.
This discussion has been closed.