Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Multi-Press

S Davis
S Davis Member Posts: 491
Are any of you guy's using the wirsbo Multi-Press for multi-core tubing, and if so how do you like it?
I am considering buying one to use for 1" and 3/4" supply and return piping as copper prices are out of this world.

Thanks,

S Davis

Apex Radiant Heating

Comments

• Rocky
    Rocky Member Posts: 121
    Using MultiCor and MultiPress

Really like the products. Use it for baseboard and panel radiator homeruns from a Wirsbo manifold. I already had a Rigid ProPress tool so I bought just the MultiPress jaws. They work just fine on my ProPress tool. Saved me the expense of another "crunch" tool.
    Regards,
    Rocky
  • John Felciano
    John Felciano Member Posts: 411
    Wirsbo

Yes,like Rocky we already had a Ridgid tool and bought the jaws for Wirsbo multicore.It's way faster than them old, expensive compression fittings.

While your at it,spend a few more dollars and pick up their bending tool.It will make your life easier, and your piping better looking.
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Options

We've been using Stadler Fosta-Pex for amlost all our piping for over a year. It's great. Regardless of copper tube prices, the time saved is enormous. On a typical 4 zone pipe up I have noticed time savings of 3-4 hours. That pays for more than a little difference in price assuming that the Pex was more expensive. They also have pressing jaws for their stainless steel sleeve system. We like that system a LOT! Out of thousands of joints over the last year we have not had one single drip!

Just do it!
  • Tony_8
    Tony_8 Member Posts: 608
    what is

the list of a Multi-Press ? I really dislike the compression manifolds and the price of them.
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Steve,

I've only had 1 leaker on the "pex/Fostapex" fittings, and it was my own damn fault! I soldered a joint a bit closer than it could take. Hindsight being 20/20, lessons were learned, and other than that "misstep", I've had zero faiulres , also.

Still like the Propress anyway.If the tool can make any other system work with it....go for it!

Time IS money, and this is a tool that saves time.(in copius amounts!) Chris
  • S Davis
    S Davis Member Posts: 491
    Multi-Press

Thanks for the input, I ordered my Pro-Press today and also the jaws for the Multi-Press system, they should be in next week.
    The cost in the seattle area is about $2500.00 for the Pro-Press with 1/2" through 2" jaws.

S Davis

Apex Radiant Heating
This discussion has been closed.