Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pneumatic Staple Guns

Options
I Have recently discovered an engineer/contractors that has designed one of the best tools I have seen yet. He was frustrated with the outrages prices for some of these pneumatic staple guns with the Pex guide for over-pours. The gun shoots 1 1/32" staples from 1/2" long to 1 1/2". He designed it for himself to shoot with an 1/16-1/8" space between the staple and the tubing. It's pretty cool because their is very little chance to hit the tubing with a staple. It works with 3/8" to 3/4" Nom PEX.

I was thinking of asking to have him build me one, but I wasn't sure what else is available. Does anyone know of other staplers that would be close to the quality. This one has an extension so that you don't have to bend over, has a bike-brake type trigger mechanism and comfortable bike grip handle. The Pex nose assemble is all stainless. He said that we would be asking about $500-$550 if we was going to make any. That would cover cost of materials and a little extra for his troubles. He uses a Duo-fast gun. Is that a good staple gun? He said that it shoots Duo-fast and Senco staples. This looked better than any of the Senco Guns I have seen over the years

Comments

• Rick Kelly_3
    Rick Kelly_3 Member Posts: 47
    Options
    A better staple gun

I'd be interested in one. The Wirsbo gun I have barely has the balls to do regular staple-up and if I use plates I need my hammer hanging from my belt to drive most of the staples home. Their older style gun (painted orange) worked much better and had a shoe adapter for doing light weight foam stapling. They started selling the lighter duty one awhile back and my wholesaler clipped me for about $800.00 once he knew I had a hot job that couldn't wait. I dread using the piece of junk.
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    There are

thousands of used Senco PWs out there. Expect to pay around $200 for a rebuilt. Hard to beat a Senco, in my opinion :)

Watts Radiant sells the conversion kit (47.50 list) Extension handle are quick and easy to build or buy that from Watts, also, for $225 list price.

You should be able to create that stapler for well under 500 clams.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.