Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

temp valve

Options
Question about a temp valve.This is for a domestic hot water situation, If you adjust the mix to 125 will it remain at that temp regardless if the hot side increases Is there a point when the mix will increase because the hot increases. Im using a taco type valve.

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    regardless of the valve.....

if it says it is a porportional mixing valve....Thats what it means. It doesnt matter who makes it.
  • Brad_9
    Brad_9 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Watts 70A

I've found that the Watts 70A tempering valve does not keep the outgoing temperature very steady with highly variable inlet temps. Also all of them I've installed have failed within the first year, also they don't meet the most recent certifications. I've converted to using one of the better ones, like the Taco or Honeywell. They may have greater resistance to flow, but I'll design around it.
  • curiousity kills
    curiousity kills Member Posts: 118
    Options
    temp valve

My question stems from a recent install of a gas water heater with a mixing valve[ it is now code here in new hampshire] Out of the box the taco mixing valve is set for 130, if I turn the temp on the gas vale to aprox 145 and walk away will the temp valve keep at 130 or should I stay for an hour to check??????
This discussion has been closed.