Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Sqweeeeeler shower valves.

Options
Weezbo
Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
First time for anything.:) both shower valves squeel at different temperature water locations on both shower valves. This Is Different. I hazard a guess it might be some thing in the water coulped with maybe some pressure reducing devise like the new water softener installed after the existing water softener? maybe?..........................I consider myself fairly savey this is definitely not in my realm of "Previous experience" :)

Comments

• Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,318
    Options
    trouble-

shooting is called for. Try bypassing the softener and see if squeeling abates with full pressure and flow.. Older shower valves had flat washers that vibrate if the screws that hold them in are loose. It's worse if the washers have grooves worn in them. Changing temperature loosened things up. Take the valves apart and lube with faucet grease if appropriate.. Or, think of the shower as a musical instrument... :)
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Options
    these Be Moen installed last year!...

i give it a go...if at all possible,( i already feel like a dummby because i never met with this problem,)i will take the moen apart and greas after doing the by passing the water softener test. the only thing that i can relate it to is the similarity of a pressure reducing valve at the meter,except it is a whole lot more quiet sorta like three mosquitoes singing in chorus:)
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Disassemble

and clean them out, could be crud in the cartdidge screen in the butt of the cartridge.

Noise starts wherever there is a restriction to flow.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,318
    Options
    Moen

The Moen people have been helpful when I've had problems with their stuff. Perhaps it's time to give them a call? Let us know the fix!
  • Kal Row
    Kal Row Member Posts: 1,520
    Options
    moen recomends

that you soak/wash everything out with white vineger and use a food service grade lub on the rubber stuff
    and if you use any oil or solvent like WD40 then you have reached the end of their "ifetime" warranty
This discussion has been closed.