Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pressure Booster Choices

Options
Constantin
Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
As you may recall, I'm currently in the throes of a Cambridge, MA house rennovation. We're coming along nicely with the replacement foundation, now other systems are coming to the fore.

Since the house is built on a hill and Cambridge never had the highest water pressure to start with, we enjoy 30 psi of pressure and 370GPM flow from the local fire hydrant (8" main, 38psi static pressure). Add a 39' high house to the mix and calculations show we'll enjoy something like a 8psi shower on the top floor.

So, one gentleman I am working with is suggesting the use of a pressure booster like the Amtrol 589 series (this is a pressure booster and expansion tank combo). Single family home, 4 baths, 41 fixture units and about 300' of developed length, no whirlpools, no jacuzzis, etc.

However, I know the universe is big and my knowledge of pressure boosters is small. Are there any other brands you can recommend, and why?

Comments

• jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    I have not

done any booster design work in quite some time but I use to deal with FIA, Inc. out of Woburn, Ma. They can be reached at 800-423-7187 and I used to deal with John Teller.

They were excellent to deal with and would back up their engineering. I don't know if they would sell direct but they can certainly put you in touch with a wholesaler in your area (so could I, if needed).

Happy pumping.

Ps. Happy to hear that Mom is better. We used to vacation at Nubble Light for many years and then rented a place called The Franklin right on Long Sands Beach. Although some folks don't consider Maine, Maine until Portland. :-)
This discussion has been closed.