Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Energy Kinetics System 2000(mk)

Options
Mike Kraft_2
Mike Kraft_2 Member Posts: 398
Ever seen a grown man naked johnny:).........sorry(Airplane).My question.With this boiler what are the suggested clearances from the manufacturer for accessing the HX.The yodel design?I have heard 3' from behind, is this fact or fiction?

cheese

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Whats our vector , Victor ?

What model EK are you referring to Cheese ?
  • Mike Kraft_2
    Options
    dunno...........

I only know of one:)over

cheese
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oops

I meant gas or oil ? I have the install manual for oil somewhere over here .
  • Robert O'Connor_6
    Robert O'Connor_6 Member Posts: 299
    Options
    for the EK

you need at least three feet . A man has to get back there and work.

The Frontier is front access.

I'm not sure about gas models.

Better call them and be sure. i don't know exactly what the manual calls for.

I take care of a few that don't have enough clearance . It really sux

All the best,

Robert

ME
  • Mike Kraft_2
    Options
    Thanks

The thread below or above........On Boiler decision.The HO is walking a line on either EK or Buderus.Personnally I like the idea of 2.5 pass boiler.The versatility of the adjustable flue gas baffles is also good.Especially with a direct vent install.

I know alot of you love the power vented EK and I can't diss it because I never installed one.But 3' from the rear for cleaning the HX can take up some room.IMO

cheese
  • Tundra
    Tundra Member Posts: 93
    Options

The book says EK-1 Min 12" recommended 18"
    EK-2 Min 18" recommended 24"
    Unless you are installing a Frontier model you must remove the back to clean the boiler. I would suggest 24" Minimum and 36" would be better.
    The book also lists the side clearance as a 6" min. You need to have room for someone to crawl behind the boiler and drag a vacuum along. Leave a passage on one side.
  • Steve Eayrs
    Steve Eayrs Member Posts: 424
    Options
    I don't find the 18\" clearance a problem.

Still a lot easier to clean then a cast iron sectional, like weil Mc, where you have to still take the top of teh boiler off. Can anyone explain to me why they put a door on the front of the Weil Mc oil-fired smaller boiler? Is it to make it easier to replace the liner after you slip when trying to ram the cleaning brush down the tight exchanger?

When we do EK boilers, we only order the frontier model. They come in both the ek-1 and ek-2, and I believe the back clearance is then 4' or 6". Can't remember.
    Also we've done a number of the older (non-frontier models) turned sideways, with the lh side against the wall. Better chance of keeping the back clear for cleaning, and also keeps the flue off the top rh side farther from the wall.

Steve
This discussion has been closed.