Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

My Apologys

Some of you may have received a recent e-mail message from me with an attachement (our upcoming schedule of training). You may have had trouble opening the attachment and for that I am sorry.

Others may have gotten an attachment that said winmail.dat, that is not what I sent as an attachment. What it is as best I can explain someone in my address list has this virus in your system. It takes messages sent to you and attachs this virus winmail.dat to all the rest of the adress list and sends it out. IT DEFINITELY DOES NOT COME FROM MY COMPUTER. My computer people just went all through my computer and it is clean of any viruses. I have all kinds of virus protection, firewalls, security you name it we have it.

If you received that e-mail DO NOT OPEN IT BUT DELETE IT.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Because I have no way of knowing who has this virus that is on my adress list I will not do a mass mailing anymore. If you are interested in our training schedule I will be posting it in the community bulletin board and at oiltechtalk.com.

Comments

• Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    You're not alone

Since I maintain an internet domain, I have had my fair share of faked e-mails that claim to come from my server bounce back as undeliverable, virii infected, etc.. Depending on the MS virus payload, they may claim originate from a "real" address (i.e. one that got harvested from someones e-mail program) or they may elect to make up names to fake as they go along.

Unfortunately, the only way to ensure that you don't have virii masquerading as yourself on the 'net is not to converse with anyone by e-mail that is using Microsoft Windows or MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) products - not a terribly viable strategy.

Allegedly, the next release of Windows called Longhorn is more secure. However, I'll believe it when I see it as the Microsofties said the same thing about XP.
This discussion has been closed.