Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Off to Germany

tim smith_2
tim smith_2 Member Posts: 184
I find it so odd, after 15 years of dealing with Burnham, the first trip we go on was offered by Buderas. 100s of boilers and not one offer of a factory tour, Tell me Burnham, what's wrong wiht this. Tim. Home heating team member since 1992 appx. ???????????????????

Comments

• oil-2-4-6-gas
    oil-2-4-6-gas Member Posts: 641

i went on the factory tour for Burnham last year -bus ride to the hotel-private room open bar tab -all expense paid dinner at a brewery (great food and beer) - factory tour then great lunch on the way home ,,its the local rep who flips the bill and sets these tours up --dont blame the manufacturer in fact there were many tours before us and after
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,525
    Burnham

just hosted a whole busload of Wallies at Wetstock IV. Free trip and a very good, informative time. You were invited, Tim.
    Retired and loving it.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Hello Tim

Looks like I will have a fellow Wallie on the trip. I am also going to Buderus June 1st.

Where are you located ? Are you leaving from Logan ?

Scott Milne

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Burnham

I have been to Lancaster many times. Glenn and the rest of the Burnham folks are great people to work with. I was also invited to the Buderus plant in Germany. We were scheduled to fly out of Philly the afternoon of 9/11/01...

I use both boilers and find both companies easy to deal with. -DF

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • tim smith_2
    Germany trip

Scott, I am leaving June 15th from Seattle. There for 9 days. Tim.
  • SRB
    SRB Member Posts: 6
    Burnham Trip

Tim,

It is not the manufacturer's fault you were not ofered a trip to the factory. Your local rep should have offered you trip long ago.

Any time you want to visit Weil-McLain or Taco for that matter, you just let me know.

Thanks

• SRB
    SRB Member Posts: 6
    Burnham Trip

Tim,

It is not the manufacturer's fault you were not offered a trip to the factory. Your local rep should have offered you a trip long ago.

Any time you want to visit Weil-McLain or Taco for that matter, you just let me know.

Thanks
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Well Tim

You'll get a preview as I intend to take alot of pictures and report back to the wall.

Scott

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Buderus

Have Jim French take you to the local tavern in Wetzler (where Buderus is located) that used to be a bomb shelter under a 600 year old building in the town square. The entrance to the tavern is a spiral staircase adajacent to the Men's room....They kept the tavern open well past closing so we could party. You'll really enjoy the hospitality and the factory tour.

• tim smith_2
    Wetzler

Paul, thanks for the input, we may just have to try that place.
  • Tim

I don't know why you have not been invited to Lancaster for plant tours and training. I'm almost sure that it was an oversight though. As mentioned by others, these trips are usually sponsored and arranged by your area representatives through your local distributor. None the less, I have forwarded this to our Regional Manager and he will be contacting you along with Ron and Chris from Mechanical Sales. Enjoy your trip.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics
This discussion has been closed.