Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Infloor to Wirsbo

John Jr
John Jr Member Posts: 210
Anyone out there convert Infloor tubing to wirsbo tubing? Looking to change manifolds.


  • Boilerpro_3
    Boilerpro_3 Member Posts: 1,231
    Done that

    Get a hold of infloor and get the solder adaptors for the compression connections and the tube inserts, if available. Then just solder up your own manifold from any standard blank manifold using balance valves. On the sytem I worked on I eliminated the manifold mixing valves and put a Tekmar variable speed pump injection set up at the boiler and reset the main supply temp to the system. If need be, add manual 3 way mixers (ie. Kitz or Modentic) at each manifold if the manifold needs much cooler water than the injection system provides.

  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656

    Earlier "Infloor" tubing is often without an oxygen barrier. A heat exchanger may be required to separate the boiler water from the tubing water, or the boiler will look like the pump in short order.

    To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • S Davis
    S Davis Member Posts: 491

    Some of their tube will work with wirsbo R20 fittings,
    the best thing to do is write down the info on the tube and call infloor and find out the inside diameter and the wall thickness of the tube you have, if it matches wirsbo specs. it will work.
    I have done this in the past but you have to verify the tube because they changed sizes at some point I think.

    S Davis

    Apex Radiant Heating
  • John Jr
    John Jr Member Posts: 210
    Good call

    Paul the boiler does look like what you see. The tube must not have a barrier. The owner told us that it was install around 1989. Will have to call infloor tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

    John Jr
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656

    John, I've used barbed adapter couplings with SS crimp bands (PB to Pex)That I got from Chris Rorke at Blueline Supply. I believe RTI also has them. Than I convert to 1/2" hePEX into a Wirsbo manifold. Make sure you chemically clean the sludge with special cleaner. I've seen loops with no flow in many of these identical systems, until cleaner and pressure purging were applied.

    To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Dale Pickard
    Dale Pickard Member Posts: 231

    Thanks for the photo. It's great to see how things age and fail. We learn so much.

    The tubing is 3/8" (1/2" od) polybutylene. PB does NOT have an oxygen barrier. You will want to isolate the boiler with a stainless heat exchanger, after you flush the rusted garbage out of the system.

    The OD of the PB tubing is the same as PEX but the ID is different as the tube wall is thinner. The wirsbo fittings won't work. Parker Brass makes compression fittings with tube inserts (supports) that will fit the PB ID. In a pinch, you can use the compression fittings without the insert but only if you have to. I think we may still have some of these in stock.

    Is the PB still pliable and rubbery? I have seen it this old but still in ok shape.

    Dale Pickard
    Radiant Engineering
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    PB fittings

    can still be found in the crimp versions. I believe Sioux Chief still makes and inventories PB fittings and rings.

    They even offered a pex barb by PB barb coupling once upon a time #645X2G for 1/2", so you could convert from one tube to another. I have a small stash if you only need a few.

    Good advise above on isolating the tube from the boiler and components!

    hot rod

    To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Dave Heath_2
    Dave Heath_2 Member Posts: 52
    Replacement to InFloor product

    We have used the New Danfoss ZCPHXPRR13 Pre built panel in a number of installs to replace that particular product. Danfoss have upgraded this panel. It consists of a primary pump, stainless steel plate Heat Exchanger, radiant pump, outdoor reset control as well. They have added a 30 psi relief valve, air vent, expansion tank connection and a feed connection to the secondary side. All are installed in a white powder coat panel. You would need to supply a set of manifolds for the tube. Then you would feed the mains back to the Danfoss Panel.

    If you need more info please contact Mr. Bill @ Danfoss or the great guys @ Danfoss Calgary (403-236-9560) and I am sure they he can help out.
This discussion has been closed.