Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pump selection??

Dave_22
Dave_22 Member Posts: 232
Pinnacle PI-80. Manual calls for 6.4 GPM at 5' of head. 10' of 1 1/4" copper primary, 2-T's, 2-90's, 2 ball valves. Will a Taco 005 handle it?????? Thanks!!!!

Comments

• The owner's manual

says to use a 007 even though it looks as though a 005 will work. We always use a 007 because it's a no brainer and I always have an extra 007 cartridge in the truck.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Kal Row
    Kal Row Member Posts: 1,520
    how about a grundfos 15-58fc

give you three speeds to choose from the bottom one like a 005 the middle like a 007 and the top better than a 008 - and has a built in spring check valve - which gives better flow than an external one
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 705
    Taco,005

Will handle the job nicely. However, the 007-F5-IFC, is also an appropriate selection. The advantage of using the 007, is the availability. The 007 can be found at every local plumbing supply house, wholesaler, or retailer. Additionally, the integral flow check facilitates the plumbing, and reduces the over cost. For your convenience, I have attached the submittal data sheet for the 007, and the 005. Please advise, if you require additional assistance
    Joe Mattiello
    Technical Service Technician
    401-942-8000 x 484
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • Dave_22
    Dave_22 Member Posts: 232
    OK

Thanks Joe!!!
  • Kal Row
    Kal Row Member Posts: 1,520
    when will taco offer ifc's

with the check valve on the discharge?
    it's much easier to service that way (had one of those chatter on a drop of dirt) and also it's much better for NPSH - but most of all since the price is only a few dollars more it pays to make them all ifc - with the valve easily removalble - for old pump replacements - so the dealer only has to stock one type per size
    i would really like to see all pumps with a 3way flanges like my attached updated diagram

ps to DAVE: a 007ifc will give you a better pump curve (read more gpm) than a reg 007 with an external b&g flowcheck and also do a better job of stoping gravity flow when off
This discussion has been closed.