Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

We lost a good Coast Guardsman today...

BillW@honeywell
BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
I don't have all the particulars, but today we Coast Guard people lost one of our own. He was wounded during a suicide boat attack on an Iraqi oil platform, and died today. As far as I know, he's the first Coastie to die face toward the enemy since Vietnam. Semper Paratus! And God bless.

Comments

• Ranger
    Ranger Member Posts: 210
    Semper Paratus!

Semper Paratus!
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Semper Paratus Coastie!

He was the son of Northport To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Terence O'Leary
    Terence O'Leary Member Posts: 1
    My first visit to Dan Holohan's website. God Bless All Who Serve

Bill.wolfe@honeywell.com, et al,
    God Bless all those who serve and defend our nation both here and abroad. Semper Paratus, from a former mariner who learned the hard way how dangerous the sea can be without some a-hole terrorists running on the water too!
    God Bless those who serve us all,
    Terry O'Leary
    My steam problems seem very insignificant in light of this loss.
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    The Coast Guard Doesn't get nearly enough credit

for what they do. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Dingo
    Dingo Member Posts: 38
    No they don't

Get enough credit. My thoughts are with him and his family. We actually had a sign hanging in the radio room of one search and rescue station I was at ... "You have to out ... You don't have to come back."

Semper Paratus

Ex-coastie

Dingo
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Update

His name was Nathan Bruckenthal, Damage Controlman 3rd Class. His shipmate, Joe Ruggiero, Boatswain's Mate 3rd class was wounded, both were assigned to a Coast Guard Law Enforcement Detachment based in Florida. Two US Navy sailors also died. They were approaching a dhow, a small wooden sailing boat common to the area to inspect it after it strayed into the security zone. The suicide crew detonated their floating bomb as the Coast Guard rigid-hull inflatable boat came along side. DC3 Bruckenthal was indeed the first Coast Guardsman to die in action since Vietnam. Condolences to all the families.
This discussion has been closed.